fifty four | things that go boom

Start from the beginning

* * *

Sofia Falcone had just entered her home and walked into her dining room before she came to an abrupt halt when she heard Oswald say to her from a corner of the room, "Hello, Sofia."

After he turned around to look at her, she let out a chuckle as she said to him, "Oswald, what a pleasant surprise."

While Annabelle Mikaelson and Victor Zsasz slowly walked from the next room over and silently stood behind Sofia, Oswald replied, "Oh, I assure you, dear, there is nothing pleasant about it. I have continuously been suspicious of you. I mean, not so much as Annabelle had been rightly suspicious of you, but still. I never listened to her, despite the amount of times she told me that you were trying to undermine me. There would be moments where I'd believe her and come to you with an accusation of what you were attempting to do and yet, at every turn, you always had the perfect explanation to put my mind at ease. But now, I finally have proof that you are my enemy. You lied to me. You told me you hated Gordon. You are his lover. Martin saw you kissing him after the party."

Annabelle frowned and started to wonder who Martin was, but didn't bother to voice her thoughts when Sofia let out a chuckle before she said to him, "That's-That's ridiculous. I'm not sure what Martin thought he saw, but I can assure you it was no kiss—"

After he limped around Sofia, Oswald yelled as he stopped right beside her, "Enough of your lies! Our entire friendship, the intimacies we shared, they were nothing more than a pathetic charade."

Sofia quickly shook her head as she said to him, "Oswald, I swear. I swear, I care for you deeply—"

Annabelle sighed as she said, "Bloody hell, Sofia. You're just being really pathetic right now. Just give up your plot, so we can get to my favorite part and I can go about my day doing as I please."

Sofia quickly glanced over at Annabelle and saw that the Original was both annoyed and looked to be rather bloodthirsty.

Whether her thirst for blood was for Sofia or whoever roamed the streets, Sofia wasn't sure.

And she couldn't ever really be sure, because she quickly looked back at Oswald when he yelled as he turned away from her, "Ha! Oh, I wish that were true! But after Martin told me about you and Gordon, I did a little digging into your boyfriend. Interesting. He took a trip down south shortly before you arrived in Gotham."

After Annabelle and Victor took a step closer to Sofia, Annabelle only chuckled to herself, while Victor said, "Coincidence? I think not."

While Sofia repeatedly nodded her head to herself, Oswald said as he started to limp towards her once more, "So you see, I know that the two of you have been plotting to destroy me from the very beginning."

Sofia didn't respond.

Instead, she silently stared at Oswald for a couple of moments before she raised her head and said to him, "Bravo, Oswald. Do you know, I was warned you were a mastermind?" She clicked her tongue before she said to him, "Turns out you're an easy mark. It is truly amazing what you can accomplish with goulash and a good foot rub."

Annabelle narrowed her eyes at Sofia and started to take another step towards her and go against Oswald's plan so that she could do with Sofia as she wanted, only to be brought to a halt when Victor wordlessly grabbed her arm and kept her in place beside him.

Oswald silently stared up at Sofia for a couple of moments before he said as he nodded his head to himself, "Now I see the real you." After sniffling to himself, he said to her, "I was blind to your manipulations. But today, I'm going to correct that mistake. You will tell me the full extent of your plan, if your father was involved, which of my captains you have turned and how you intend to rid me from the city."