The Weekend (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Y/N, I promise I don't care. I wanna see."

I opened the door and beckoned for her to enter first. I braced myself for her comments but she just smiled and looked around like a kid in a candy store. She paused her spin and squealed.

"You have a turtle!"

She approached the terrarium and peered inside.

"Yeah, I feel like I'm not home enough for really any other animal, but I also didn't want a fish because I can't really interact with one. His name is Turtle Tuck like from the Wonder Pets, but I mostly just call him Tuck because I feel like his government is too long. Do you want another drink?"

"Of course I wouldn't turn that down."

So we ended up sitting around on the couch with the television droning on in the background. Neither of us were paying it any mind as we talked.

"Okay, it's my turn. Would you rather...have the ability to see an hour into the future or a century into the future?" Solána asked.

I didn't even have to think it over. "An hour without a doubt."

"Why?" She asked, lifting the cup to her lips.

I noticed that she had taken off her promise ring and I was happy to see it. Not because it made me feel like I actually had a chance, but because she had been holding onto that ring and the jaded idea of what Ryan could be for years.

"For one, this planet is already going to shit, I don't even know if it has a century left in it. And two, I know damn well I'm not gonna be alive to give a damn about what's happening on this spinning rock."

Apparently she found my highly truthful answer funny because she chortled, accidentally knocking her cup away from her face and making the red mixture of alcohol and juice splash onto her shirt.

"Shit."

"Let's go get you cleaned up," I chuckle as I watch the stain spread across her white crop top. I led her to the bathroom and told her I'd be back as I went to get a washcloth from the linen closet and the dish soap from the kitchen.

When I came back into the bathroom, Solána was sitting on the sink waiting for me while absentmindedly swinging my legs back and forth. I went to work trying to scrub the stain out, I was able to lighten it up, but there was no way to make it completely go away. I let out a huff in defeat. Any other time this worked with no issues. I stopped scrubbing and looked up to see Solána looking down at me intently.

I tossed the washcloth down on the other side of the counter, opposite from where she was sitting, "You might as well take it off, it's not coming out."

She didn't say anything and her facial expression didn't change in the slightest so I couldn't tell if she was actually bothered by what happened to her shirt or not. She wordlessly pulled one arm back through the sleeve before doing the same with the other. She didn't take her eyes off of me as she raised her arms, causing the shirt to scrunch up around her biceps.

I glanced down to see she wasn't wearing anything under the shirt.

"Um, miss ma'am. My eyes are up here." Solána used her index finger to lift my chin up and get my gaze off of her exposed chest.

"I'm no better than a man."

She giggled and pulled the shirt all the way off and tossed it to the side with the washcloth. Maybe I would try washing it later, but right now? I had other things on my mind. Two of them in particular.

"I think we should finish what we started last time," Solána suggested.

Of course I agreed. She spread her legs allowing me to get closer before she wrapped them tightly around my torso. She leaned back letting her hands,which were planted slightly behind her on the counter, hold her up. I took the opportunity to lean closer and tilt my head slightly to the side before my lips met hers.