7. Two lovers

Bruce and Red sat in silence in front of his living room TV stuffing their faces with food. Red decided to order pizza but never told Bruce how much. No one knows that Red has a big appetite, a BIG appetite. So you can imagine the shock Bruce felt when he saw her walk in with about 5 boxes of pizza. She ordered 3 combos and 2 vegetarians with no gluten. She hated the vegetarian one but she noticed after snooping around Bruce's pantry he seemed to either be vegan or vegetarian. She wasn't sure but she wanted to make him feel included. And Bruce did feel included. He was shocked at first why so many pizzas but that shock vanished when he saw she ordered him meat-free options.

Red already scarfed down about 2 boxes of the combo and was on her first slice of the 3rd box while Bruce was barely on his 4th slice. Bruce looked at Red as she devoured the pizza like it was water. How can someone so fit like her just eat so much junk food without an issue? Red senses the burning stares and quickly looks over at Bruce with wide eyes.

"whut.." She spoke with her pizza still stuffed in her mouth. Bruce chuckled at her lack of manners before shaking his head.

"You must have been hungry." Red blushed in embarrassment remembering how her father would've smacked the fuck out of her if he saw the lack of manners. He raised her to at least respect dinner manners but she could barely gives a rat's ass. She quickly swallowed the piece she had left in her mouth dabbing away the sauce all over her mouth.

"Sorry, I forgot my manners-" Bruce smiled at her with a shrug.

"That's fine, no worries."

"And to answer your question, I was hungry. Normally I eat about 7 to 8 meals a day but ever since I've been here I've only been eating probably just 4 meals." Bruce looked at her with shock. 8 meals a day and she's only been eating maybe 4??! She was starving!

"Why haven't you been eating!?" Red shrugged before taking another bite of pizza.

"I don't feel comfortable eating with a group of people that don't want me there." Bruce frowned as she spoke. Have they been treating her that badly? After what Fury told them they still are choosing to isolate her. He looked down at his lap silently arguing with his thoughts. Red rolled her eyes playfully at Bruce's antics. It wasn't that serious, she was honestly used to being alone. Sure she had Abe and Liz with her all the time, but after her father's death, she welcomed her loneliness. Red bumped his shoulder with hers and pulled her knees up to her chest. She rested her head on her knees as Bruce looked her way.

"Don't worry about it, Bubba." Bruce's cheeks painted themselves a light pink. Bubba... He hasn't been called that since he was much younger. Normally he hated when people nicknamed him but it rolled off her tongue nicely. Red carefully watched him as he stared back at her. She never liked being physical or even remotely close to people she didn't know. She despised it, but look at her now, practically hip to hip to some guy she barely knew.

They were barely a foot away from each other. She wanted him close to her. She wasn't sure why but she didn't question it. He called for her and she doesn't wanna stay away... If Abe saw her he would've been shocked too. When Red was in her last relationship she never felt like this, this was a new feeling for her, just as much as it was for him.

Bruce wanted nothing more than to just taste her lips. He craved her even if he never kissed her. He was mentally fighting himself from just kissing her then and there until a loud beeping interrupted their moment. Red and Bruce both jumped back away from each other as the beeping shrieked out.

Red snapped her eyes down realizing the beeping came from her tracking device. She growled before yacking it off of her belt and throwing it on the coffee table as she stood up stomping over to the kitchen counter. Bruce watched as she stopped over to the counter picked up a small earpiece and shoved it in.