Chapter Fourteen: At Stake [3]

Start from the beginning

Afterwards, he infact confessed about it.

"You know, sometimes you're creepy." Commented Rei with with her nose scrunch as he looked at him.

"Yeah couldn't agree more." Agreed Remus who was looking at him like some kind of freak.

As for Shiki, all he did was rolled his eyes at them, hr didn't really concern himself with their comments. Creepy it may be, but it come in handy at times like this.

Moreover, he's more worried about the light that was with Luna. What was that? Such a blinding light that even he couldn't tell what exactly it was.

"Still, I'm kind of worried about her." Remus blurted out as he sip wine with a scowl.

The two looked at him, Rei who seems to agree on his statement and Shiki who was indifferent.

They might be worried but if there's a personal reason into why she ran away, then they know they shouldn't butt in. All of them had gotten closer to her, so of course it's only natural for them to worry about her well being.

"A-anyway, do we have enough information to tell Uncle?" Rei said changing the subject which made the two men to look at her.

Remus heaved a sigh, "Right, speaking of which I overheard some people that they heard Vincent and Zachary talking earlier in the hallway near the bathroom." He started, "They heard that they had a person in mind that they want to recruit in here."

"Really? Who?" Asked Rei, intrigued.

"Hmm, I don't really remember since they already left while talking, but it was a he and his name sound alot like Ezra or Ervin?"

Rei took at big sip from her wine as she think of someone that has the same name close as the one Remus mentioned. "Yeah no, I got none." She gave up.

"Although I too over hear some people about the head being a student on one of the most prestigious school in here." She suddenly rummage her red bag and brought out several photos of people."These people are what the people here mention almost all the time, one of them might be the head." She added.

The two men leaned in closer and took a few photos inspecting the faces of each person in the picture. Most of them are men of some famous family, some are high ranking students in the two famous school.

"Ah, Luna's on the list?" A photo of Luna walking inside the Starlight academy was seen on the photos that Rei brought out. Remus who picked it up had a scowl on his face, it doesn't seem right to suspect their dear friend.

"Well, she is one of the top 10 students in the academy." Shiki stated as he placed back the photos he took.

"I'm one too, why am I not on the list?" Remus complained.

"While it is true that you're 2nd on the ranking after Luna, but that's just the over all ranking of the 2nd year same with when we were still freshmen, while Luna was in top 3 of the over all ranking in the academy, while you were in 15th place."

Remus gritted his teeth and clicked his tongue, irritated at what he had heard. Well, it's no use crying over spilled milk.

"Most of the top 10 last year was Senior I and II, Luna was one of the 2 sophomores to be place in that spot  last year. Now that all previous Senior II graduated, all ranking would once again be decided after the Astral Tournament."

The two looked at Shiki who continued to inspect the other photos.

"You're... you're overly chatty today." Said Rei perplexed on how Shiki had been joining into their conversation. He was the type to always just listen and would just secretly tell his opinion on Remus's father after. "Right! Anyway got some juicy information?"