"That's only going to work so many times. I'll be in my car on a conference call but I'll be back to get Blue in about an hour."

"Okay, see you then."

"Bye." She waved and walked out of my house.

"Let me finish cooking and then you guys can do whatever you want."

I went into the kitchen to finish cooking then I out the food to the side to clean. They could eat some later today if they want. 

I sat on the couch and they went into the kitchen to start baking.

I had to stay away, I hover. Since I'm a chef, Aaliyah says I have to make sure everything's right and I judge a lot. I can't help it.

I was in the middle of watching the news when I heard glass break. I shouldn't have trusted them in my kitchen.

I got up and quickly went into the kitchen. There was flour everywhere. My sweet beautiful kitchen.

"What happened?"

They were both just standing there. "I don't even know how that happened, to be honest. Can you help us?"

"Clean this up, I'm gonna go change my shirt." I went upstairs and changed into a different shirt than the one I was cooking in and put my hair in a bun.

I went back downstairs and they already cleaned all the flour up and had another mixing bowl out.

"We want to make the rice krispys first now, it's easier."

"It's crazy that I'm your mother and you don't know how to make rice krispy treats."

"It's not hereditary. If that were the case, Blue wouldn't know how to cook."

"Blue your other mom doesn't know how to cook?" I should not be asking about that woman after what I did and dreamed of doing with her wife.

Blue was in her phone and not paying attention so she looked up confused. "What other mom?"

"Don't you have two moms?" Now I'm confused.

"No... I have a mom and a dad."

"You have a dad?! Why have you never told me that?" Aaliyah had to put the marshmallows down, her mind was blown.

I wasn't that surprised. Beyoncé already told me she had an ex husband.

"We never talk about dads, how would I casually bring that up in a sentence?"

"Yeah because mines dead and I thought you didn't have one."

Oh.

"Oh. Well, yeah I have a dad. He's just really busy because of his job. That lady my moms married to us just her wife."

To act like I wasn't too interested, I started taking the stuff out the bags.

"You don't like her? Now I'm interested." Aaliyah was asking questions but I was very interested in the answers.

"It's not that I don't like her, she's never even around first of all but she's nice. Almost weirdly nice. Sometimes my mom gets in these moods where she's just mean to everyone and she just.. hugs her? I don't really get it."

She sounds nice. I feel terrible now.

They changed the topic and we started to make the rice krispy treats. An hour and a half later, we were done.

We made pumpkin shaped cookies and orange rice krispy treats with halloween sprinkles.

Blue is funny. She's like Beyoncé with alcohol in her system and not being all serious.