Xiao part 2! (Finally, omfg)

(A/N : YALL IM SO FUCKING SORRY OMFG THIS TOOK WAY TOO LONG TO PUBLISH VRINKVNRENR, I HAVE CHILDES HAPPY ENDING PART 2 LINED UP DWDW, ITS STILL IN VERY ROUGH DRAFT STATE BUT M A N THIS WAS MY EVER ONESHOT AND ITS SO SHIT AND I WANNA EDIT IT BUT IM GONNA LEAVE IT BUT UHM... THIS IS THE SAD ENDING, I MENTIONED THE STARS FOR A REASON IN PART ONE YALL)

As the door aggressively slammed open you looked away not wanting to explain, you could feel Xiao eye you. 

"Why aren't you out enjoying yourself with Hu Tao?" 

You didn't want to tell him Hu Tao dragged you back to his door and didn't let you use the spare key. He huffed and dragged you inside rather than making you wait outside while you two talked. You had long since fallen for the other male, but you knew he likely didn't feel the same. I mean you two were friends and you remember friends confessing was always awkward if you stayed friends after, and you didn't want to lose Xiao as a friend. You also were aware that you wouldn't be here for them much longer and being his lover before that day came would only make your passing worse. 

(If your confused it's similar to Lisa's story in a sense, his parents were given an offer by a mage, he would die early yet in exchange they would be endlessly successful and never need to worry about finances. He knows about this because his parents told him, yet they told him he was cursed as they knew what they did was wrong. He would not know his exact date of death but that he would feel it oncoming.)

Xiao sighed and went to the kitchen telling you to take a shower to relax. You nodded, thinking about the note you needed to prepare within the next week or so, you could feel yourself growing weaker day after day. The warm water hit your body and as you recovered from the initial shock you felt yourself relax a little.

(Time skip brought to you by Cosmo getting to the fucking point)

You stretched coming out of the shower, smelling something very nice coming from the kitchen. You waltzed down the hall and saw Xiao setting down two plates of his special almond tofu. He looked up and sent you a small smile. You felt your heart shatter as you sat down and dug into the carefully made almond tofu. You two ate in a comfortable silence, when you finished you stood and washed your plate Xiao following close behind. You realized it was getting quite late and smiled to yourself. Xiao noticed and nodded towards his room. You didn't even question it and walked towards the door, opening it and making yourself comfortable on the floor, you often sat on the bed together but, you had never slept on the bed at the same time. However, Xiao hadn't gotten back at you for not using the spare key. 

"I'm going to go take a shower, you get comfortable on the bed." You felt surprised, but you felt tired and it's not like you were gonna do anything weird. You eventually found a highly comfortable spot and your eyes fluttered closed the cool nights air embracing you. 

You rubbed your eyes awakening faster when you realized Xiao had curled up in front of you and clung to your torso. You felt you already sunken heart sink and shatter more, you played with his hair gently as you fell back asleep, you felt even weaker this morning. The day would be coming soon. You would cherish these moments while they lasted.

(minor time skip)

Xiao hadn't seen M/n for a while, he was severely concerned at this point. As he was getting ready to walk to M/n's house he heard a knock on his door, when he opened it, he found Hu Tao trembling with Zhongli a little way behind her with his head down. Xiao tilted his head to the side confused; Hu Tao handed her friend the final note M/n would ever write. Hu Tao and Zhongli winced as a heart shattering and raw scream erupted from Xiao's throat. 

When it came time for your funeral, Xiao was a mess still sobbing. You were one of the few people he could trust and feel safe with. Sobbing, he went home that night and gazed up at the stars in the sky knowing your adoration for them and swore he saw a handful of new stars shining far brighter than the rest. His gaze saddened as he slammed the door, he barely got to his room before he broke down.