Chapter 8: Set's Invasion

Set, God of the Desert, 3rd POV

"My magnificent bloody hounds!" Set said to his armies as they cheered and he continued his speech, "You are the true sons of Egypt! You are my children of iron and blood...no father could be more proud. The rebel gods have choked on our spears. The rest of them have retreated to Nephthys' stronghold, where they now stand ready to face us! But you, my legions of the desert, will bring them reckoning!"

He walks over, grabbing the chest filled with gold, bringing them back to the soldiers, "So take your fill of gold!," Set throws the gold at his soldiers as some of the front on the front lines pick them up quickly, "If you should fall in battle and travel the nine gates, tell my brother who you worship!"

The captain of the legion marched away from everyone as Hathor, who was being escorted on the portable throne (or whatever it is called, idr what the name is), was taken away. Set went up to the war table to collect his staff and helmet before a deep voice called out to him, making him turn to see Urshu and Mnevis walking up to him.

They bowed before Mnevis spoke up, "My lord, your royal treasury has been breached."

Set looks at him, concern written on his face but anger held in his eyes as they traveled to Horus' temple, where Horus used to be.

--tiny timeskip by Horus' jealousy--

"Urshu..." Set said to him, standing in front of his brother's grave, "Wasn't the eye meant to lure those loyal to Horus to their deaths..?"

"Yes lord..." Urshu said, a slight squeak in his voice as he spoke.

"And weren't your traps...what was the term you used? Thief-proof?" Set continued, going down the small steps towards Urshu.

"Yes, lord..." Urshu confirmed again.

Set looked over to Mnevis, who was standing near Urshu, "Can you pick up the trail? Also, find whichever of his allies was clever enough to steal his eye back." Set turned back to the sarcophagus as Mnevis nudged Urshu, making him grunt a little.

"It was a mortal, Lord..." Urshu said as Set looked back at him with disbelief.

"A mortal?" Set sighed as Urshu gave a nervous chuckle.

Set looked at the marble flooring for a moment before pushing it open, revealing Zaya's dead, cold body. He knelt down, observing the body for a moment before facing the others.

"Who is she?" Set said with slight irritation.

"His servant." Mnevis said before Urshu could speak.

"In my defense, Lord..." Urshu stuttered his words and Set cuts him off.

"Believe me, I'm very curious to hear what your excuse is, but not right now," Set said to Urshu and he just simply nods back before ripping the Horus necklace from Zaya's neck, holding it for a moment, "Well, it appears you're not the cleverest mortal in Egypt after all...this thief is."

Urshu had a look on his face, showing that his pride was hurt because of the mortal who was able to trick him.

--Meanwhile with the twins and the golden boy--

"So what is your plan?!" Bek says to Horus as all three of them were climbing up a huge rocky mountain to get to wherever they were going first.

Y/N groans a little, the muscles everywhere in her body groaning in pain and anger from doing too much climbing, "I hope this is worth whatever you're looking for!" She called out to Horus, who was above them and nearing the top.