Collar

It started with a placard I read in one of our rallies.

"Kababaihan para sa kababaihan #LenRisa"

Since then, I have become aware of our "ship." I thought I'd be uncomfortable because she's my best friend and this shipping thing is new to me. I really did, but not in a bad way. Kasi parang...

Parang kinikilig ako?

I don't know, pero since then, there's this weird feeling kapag katabi ko siya, kapag kasama ko, kahit na kapag tinitignan ko lang siya. It's like nothing ever matters except her. I feel overwhelmed, but at the same time I feel peace.

I became more excited attending rallies because that's the only place I could stare at her, and hug her. Even if we almost don't have enough rest kaka-attend ng sorties, I always look forward to them. Kasi makikita ko siya. Doon pa lang, para na akong nakapagpahinga.

She keeps me afloat when I feel like drowning in exhaustion and anxiety.

And I don't know if it's just me or after that placard thing, we became much closer. The tension between us got higher too. Minsan, I would just find myself stealing a glance from where she's seated, and she would catch me. And sometimes, I would catch her staring at me while I take pictures with my supporters.

Ayokong umasa, pero if we based it in her body language and the famous quote, "The eyes, Chico, they never lie." from Scarface, I think she feels the same way too.

Luh. Please naman, Leni. Kailan ka pa natuto sa ganyan? Hay, ewan. Pero kung meron man, sana pahintulutan kami ng tadhana. At sana, Sa, meron nga.

I shrugged my thoughts and decided to have a facebook live to show my appreciation to my supporters who gave me plenty of gifts.

After my facebook live, I immediately went to my office to get ready for my meeting at 3pm. When I got there, I was surprised by a woman sitting comfortably at the sofa.

Shuta. Ayan nanaman ang kakaibang feeling.

"Senator Risa" I greeted.

"Hey, VP! sorry, napadaan lang. I just wanna check up on you. I didn't see you for a week eh."

Hala, pa fall?

"Sobra mo naman ata akong namiss, magkikita pa naman tayo mamaya sa rally, Ris." I chuckled. I walked to my table to arrange my things. I turned my back on her because I can't handle the tension here. Baka bumigay ako.

"Kapal, Lens," she giggled. I can sense that she's walking towards me, so I panicked and faced her. I think that's the biggest mistake I've done today. Fuck, ang lapit ng mukha namin sa isa't isa.

I gulped. What do I fucking do? "I- I have to g-go, Sen," shuta, Leni. Have you forgotten how to speak?! I cleared my throat. "Uhm malelate na kasi ako, let's catch up later." I forced a nervous smile then hugged her. Which I never should've done because... ang init.

I was about to walk towards the door when she spoke.

"Vp, wait."

I faced her and I was shocked when she suddenly held the collar of my shirt. What the heck, Risa Hontiveros? "I'll fix it lang, hindi kasi maayos," she said while she hid a smirk.

I looked at her, puzzled, when she was done "fixing" my collar but didn't let go.

"Leni," I gasped for air. I looked her in the eye and saw her looking at me with so much adoration. I held onto her hands because my knees are getting week. Ang lagkit ng tingin. baka mapaluhod ako.

"Hmm?" was the only thing that came out of my mouth. Nakakahiya!

"Did I ever tell you that your eyes are my favorite constellation?" She said while she looked me deeply in the eye, then down on my lips.

Hindi ko na kaya.

I didn't answer. Instead, I tiptoed and kissed her. It was supposed to be just a smack, but she pulled me by my collar closer and deepened the kiss. God, ang tagal ko 'tong hinintay.

Her hands are already touching different parts of my body, and was about to put her hands under my shirt when someone knocked on my door.

"Madam! Ready na po 'yung van, ikaw na lang po ang hinihintay," My staff called.

Out of panic, I hurriedly went towards the door but Risa held my hand to stop me. Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mata to say that I can't stay anymore because I'm going to be late.

Akala ko, 'yung pagharap ko kay Risa kanina ang biggest mistake ko ngayong araw. Hindi pala. Sana nakinig na lang ako kay Sasa.

I opened the door and the surprised look of my staff alarmed me. I asked if she was okay, but all she could do is to point at me, and her lips. Huh?

I fished my phone in my bag to see what I looked like, and that's when I realized that I just made out with Senator Hontiveros a while ago. My lipstick is smudged, my collar is creased, and I look like someone who just came from a fight.

I hurriedly went back to my office to fix myself and told my staff to wait for me for a while. Alam ko namang hindi n'ya ipagsasabi 'yung nakita n'ya, but I felt nervous. Kakausapin ko na lang mamaya. I glared at Risa while I was cleaning the smudge around my lips, and I saw her laughing while removing hers too. She tried to suppress her laugh and came towards me to help fix myself.

"I hate you."

"Really? Kaya pala ikaw nag-initiate ng kiss," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes and acted like I was annoyed.

"I'm sorry, okay? Next time I'll buy a smudge free lipstick." She laughed. "Oh, 'wag ka nang magalit, malelate ka na. Sorry na talaga. Go na, I'll make it up to you later, okay?" She said while wiggling her eyebrows. "See you later, vp!"

Ah ganon. Her grinning face turned into a shocked one when I pulled her by her waist and gave her a peck on the lips. I smirked, "Let's talk later, my love."

I left my office with a proud face because I know that I left a woman mumbling the words "Lord above" in my office.

Mamaya ka sa akin, Hontiveros.

____________________________________________________

Hi! I'm sorry if there are any errors. But I hope you enjoyed reading this one-shot. Happy 150k (EME LANG) reads!! Thank you for the positive feedbacks huhu, promise, gagalingan ko pa.

Thank you, guys!

x