It took Lauren no more than a minute to decide to stop torturing herself.

-

Camila had a half finished can of Coca Cola in her left hand and she was leaning against the small kitchen counter, humming quietly to herself an unfamiliar song with a melancholic melody as Lauren stood up from her pathetic position on the bed that was now surrounded with cigarette smoke, this time thanks to the green eyed. "I'm taking a shower." She notified. The room was still illuminated by the weak daylight, that seemed to be refusing to fade in spite of the relatively late hour.

"Okay." Camila said, putting the can of the sweet drink down on the kitchen counter and following the emerald eyed into the tiny bathroom. Lauren wasn't surprised or anything. They often had shared showers, to save water. Camila threw her clothes on the floor, leaving herself completely naked. She raised her head to look at the other, who was still fully clothed. "Come on." She rushed Lauren, lightly tugging on her sweatshirt before stepping into the tub and turning on the water, standing under the lame stream to wet herself from her head to toe. 

Lauren began to undress herself as well, dwelling a little as she took off her black sweatshirt, making the large scars on her back evident. Camila has seen them before, many times, but never cared enough to ask, figuring by herself that the scars on the green eyed's back must have something to do with the time the girl was living in the streets. Which was just another thing that Camila didn't care enough to ask about.

Lauren removed every piece of clothing from her body before stepping into the tub, that was a bit too small for two people at the same time. Camila took a step back to allow the other naked girl to stand under the stream of water for a while. Lauren let her green orbs hide behind her eyelids as she felt the lukewarm water wet her whole body. She ran her hand through her hair, releasing a long sigh before making her emerald orbs show again. They were instantly met with chocolate ones, that were watching her closely, and she took a small step back, to let the tanned girl stand under the water stream too. The two girls watched each other, their visions growing slightly blurry, due to the water that streamed down their both faces. Lauren's eyes dropped to Camila's body. She reached out hesitantly, to run her fingers gently over Camila's arm, but the brown eyed flicked her hesitant hand away, watching Lauren's face fall slightly.

"Don't touch me." Camila hissed. It'd be a lie to say that the two girls have never touched each other. Because they have. They have done more than just touching. Multiple times. Until Camila decided to stop it, to act as if nothing had ever happened, to keep rejecting the other girl's attempts. And Lauren has never dared to ask about the sudden behavior. She has never dared to question anything in general. Not when it came to Camila. She only dropped her gaze to her feet when Camila's hand collided with the side of her face, hard, her cheek flushed and throbbing with sharp pain. "Don't ever do that again." Camila spat, her eyes locked on Lauren's face, that was still directed down to her feet. The chocolate eyed turned off the water, stepping out of the tub and out of the bathroom, collecting her clothes on the way and leaving a naked, flushed, faced down, lauren; frozen in her spot.

-

Lauren crawled onto the medium sized bed. It was more than enough for one person, but barely enough for two. Just like any other thing in their apartment. It was always so easy to forget just how cold the small apartment could get at night, while the cold weather was much more bearable at day. 

Camila found every opportunity to complain about not having enough money to fix the heating, but as much as it bothered them both, the two girls managed to find a more affordable solution to the cold, finding out that each other's body heat provided enough warmth. 

Normally, Lauren would gladly take Camila in her arms, keeping the girl warm and making sure that she falls asleep before giving into her own tiredness. But today, even though the throbbing pain on the side of Lauren's face faded, the memory of Camila's harsh behavior continued to haunt her. It wasn't the first time Camila slapped her, but this time was one too many times. So when said brown eyed climbed onto the mattress to fill up the other side of the bed, Lauren made sure to keep her distance.