🥀The Rose-Red Tyrant🥀

Episode 4: A Garden and A Sleeping Lion

Woods behind campus

The group had finally arrived at the woods to gather some chestnuts. Mirana was amazed by the amount of chestnuts there were.

"Whoa! There really are a ton of chestnuts just layin' around. I'm gonna be livin' large on chestnut tarts! Mmm! Let's get grabbin'!"

"Hold on Grim, don't touch those with your bare-" She was cut off by a loud yell from him.

"YOWCH! Myah! The chestnut spines pricked my paws!" The poor creature cried out in pain as he kept blowing on his paw to help reduce the pain.

"I don't think we can do this with our bare hands. And we need something to put them in, too."

"Maybe we can find some supplies in the botanical garden?" Ace suggested to which the others agreed to.

"Let's take a look then."

Botanical Garden - Temperate Zone

"Whoa, I didn't realize this place was so huge." Ace gawked at the sight of the large and well-cared garden.

"If it's this large, it's got to have a groundskeeper. Let's split up and look."

"Sure, dibs on the right side." The orange-haired boy said while pointing towards the path leading right.

"Then how about I go left, while Grim and his prefect go straight ahead?" Deuce faced Enma and Grim as he spoke.

The two nodded at him before looking at the girl beside them.

"What about you Mira?"

Mirana replied to him with a smile. "I'll go with you two, if that's ok."

"Then we'll all meet here in a while." Enma announced to the group before everyone parted ways.

Mirana and Enma were both admiring the different kinds of beautiful and vibrant plants as they walked, while Grim was busy looking at something.

"Hey, come take a look at this! There's a ton of fruit growing here! Smells like they're ripe, too!" Grim beamed as he happily skipped towards the fruits.

Enma suddenly halted, causing the girl to look at him.

"Feels like I just stepped on something..." He told her.

"Hey! You got some nerve steppin' on my tail and just walkin' away!" A loud and gruff voice angrily yelled. Mirana looked down at Enma's foot and saw that there was someone's tail underneath it. She signalled the boy to quickly lift up his foot to which he did. "Ah, I didn't see that there..."

"Are you the groundskeeper? Not sure you oughta be talkin' to students that way, pal."

"Ain't nothin' worse than bein' in the middle of a good nap and havin' some jerk step on your tail." He glared at the three.

Mirana quickly stepped infront of the boy and gave an apologetic bow to the man.

"I apologize for your tail getting stepped on, but please don't just carelessly leave it on the path."

The man raised a brow at the girl's statement. "Oh, you're the girl the headmaster told us about."

"She's covered in the smell of roses." He thought while unknowingly staring at the girl.

He turned to Enma who slightly stiffened at his intimidating glare. "And you... I know you. You're that herbivore from orientation who couldn't use magic. *sniff* *sniff*" He leaned closer to the boy.