4. 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙑𝙄𝙀𝙒𝙎

—— "Wake up, y/n

—— "Wake up, y/n. Remember today is your interview at Eden Academy." The voice of a woman woke y/n up from their well deserved slumber.

The now 6 year old child rubs their eyes groggily, and they began getting ready for the interview for an elite school that their "parents" were pushing them into enrolling.

"Thinking back on it, it's already been almost a year since I saw Anya... I hope she's doing alright." Y/n thought to themselves.

About a year ago, after y/n had wandered through the streets of Ostania by themselves, y/n was taken in by a rich couple who seemed like they pitied them at that time.

Y/n found out the couple couldn't have any children, so they guessed that they were just a replacement of a child for them.

"Not that I'm complaining though, I get treated decently here." They thought back on the past events, while exiting their bedroom.

And so since then, y/n had decided they would become a successful member of society to obtain the power of searching for their lost sister.

Obviously, they haven't had trouble with it, having the intelligence and knowledge  of a university student had helped.

"Good morning dear. Come and eat some breakfast with us." Their mother greeted y/n at the doorway of their bedroom.

"Coming." Y/n replied, before following their mother down a grand flight of stairs, into the dining room.

For y/n, living a lavish lifestyle had been certainly difficult to adjust to. There were so many manners they had to learn and adjust to, speaking formally, and as well as simply navigating in their own mansion. To be frank, if y/n were to be a regular, normal 6 year old, there was no way they'd be able to adapt to all of that.

Y/n sat down at the large table where both of their adopted parents sat as well, and they began eating their breakfast.

"So, are you ready for today's interview? We practiced this remember?" Their adopted father asked them.

"Yeah, I got it more or less." Y/n replied, while chewing their food.

"Remember to not talk when you have food in your mouth, child." Their mother reminded them.

"Yes mother."

"Man, who even decided what was polite and what was not?" They thought.

—— Strolling in to a prestigious school with thousands of other applicants was slightly unnerving

—— Strolling in to a prestigious school with thousands of other applicants was slightly unnerving. Even y/n, who was usually quite calm and showed little emotion, felt their body tingle at the environment they were in right now.

They were currently walking to the waiting hall with their parents, who informed them earlier that just by walking through the gates of Eden Academy was part of the first test.

Y/n pretended to not care and just continued walking. It seemed like the strategy had worked because y/n's family was now seated, waiting for their interview.

As they were about to get interviewed, y/n heard chaos abrupt from outside. Y/n decided to go out to check the commotion, and their eyes were met with a herd of farm animals charging towards their direction.

"This can't be real, why are there random animals running towards us?" Y/n thought.

They let out a soft sigh, and they were about to use their telekinesis ability to help slow down the force of the animals, when suddenly an elegant looking woman, wearing a gold headband literally curb stomp the bull that was leading the pack of animals.

Astonishingly, all the animals came to a complete stop. One of the teachers thanked the woman, and the woman began approaching a tall blonde man wearing a fedora, and a small child y/n's age with bright pink hair.

"Wait, bright pink hair? It can't be-" Y/n thought, before they were interrupted.

"Y/n! Come on! It's our turn for the interview now!" Their father called to them.

Y/n simply nodded before following him, their mind completely switching gears into interview mode.

—— "Please state your information, Mx. L/n." The interviewer announced.

"My name is Y/n L/n. I am 6 years old, and I live on XXXX street, Ostania. Thank you for having me today." Y/n bowed their head politely.

"Of course! Now I want you to answer a few questions for me. What does your family do on your free time?" The interviewer asked.

"My mother and father bring me to see the orchestra, and as well as take me out to try different high-class ethnic cuisines."

"We heard you were only adopted by your parents a year ago, how do you feel about that?"

"I am very grateful for the home and appreciation my parents give me, it's like as if they were my real biological parents."

Y/n looked up from their seat, and received an impression the the interviewers were impressed by them. Perhaps it was from their usage of the word biological. They knew many 6 year olds did not know how to use that word.

"Alright thank you for your time, you'll be hearing back from us soon."

The three of them stood up to leave, and y/n's parents gave y/n a satisfied look about their performance. As they exited the room, y/n heard the next name being called out after.

"Anya Forger."