✾𝟭𝟮𝟲✾

Start from the beginning

She plopped herself on the engawa as she heaved out a sigh, trying to calm herself down. She then clasped her hands together and started playing with her own fingers out of slight boredom. A butterfly passed by her as she perked up at the butterfly, that was flying towards her, it slowly got bigger and bigger as Y/n squeaked silently in surprise as the butterfly burst into Shinobu's small form. 

"Hello there, my dear sister," she greeted with a small smile on her face. Y/n smiled brightly at her. "Shinobu-nee-san," Y/n greeted fondly. "I came here to give you a brand new haori," Shinobu said with a proud smile before she dug her hands deep inside her haori, pulling out a neatly folded haori that looks just like hers. 

She opened the haori calmly. "Shinobu-san, you didn't have to!" Y/n chriped brightly as her eyes shone in slight glint of happiness. "Don't be so silly, I prepare the absolute best for my sisters," Shinobu continued as she placed the haori over Y/n's shoulders, it was a butterfly haori, just like Shinobu's but the gradient is from pink to green instead of pink to blue. It engulfed her figure quite perfectly as it was personally sewn by Shinobu herself. 

"I sew this for you with Kanao," Shinobu said as she stepped back and smiled warmly at Y/n, she looks just like Kanae. "Oh, really?! Wow! Like I said before, you guys really didn't have to! I was actually doing alright without a haori, but thank you so much Nee-san!" Y/n beamed brightly at Shinobu, at this point, the gorish image of the eyeball had disappeared from Y/n's main focus as she put her all solely on to her big sister. 

"Now, I also came here to tell you something important," Shinobu said as her warm smile turned to a frown. Y/n's beam fell to a serious facade. "Is this about your death again, Shinobu-san?" Y/n asked as she gulped. "Not just that, but about your rant during the meeting," Shinobu said silently as she plopped down next to Y/n. 

"Y/n, is there something you haven't told me? Beheading Muzan? You never told me you did," Shinobu said with a hint of dejection that her own sister didn't even mind telling her her biggest achievement. "Um, about that, it's too complicated for me to explain," Y/n said awkwardly. "But all I know is that, yes, I did in fact met Kibutsuji twice, and I also did beheaded him once," Y/n recalled as she nodded to herself in approval. 

Shinobu's eyes widened. "Twice?" she remarked in disbelief. "Yes, indeed, I met him twice, in fact.. I met him more than that," Y/n said silently as she gripped on to the engawa tightly. "Nevermind that... but I just felt pressured at that moment, really," Y/n explained breathlessly, she was out of breath for some reason. 

"And yeah, I've been feeling much better after that," she gestured. "Well, that's great," Shinobu smiled softly at her. "Y/n... I won't be with you for long, the final battle is coming sooner than I thought, I already told Kanao about my plan, and she was stunned. Now, when I'll sacrifice myself to the demon, please, behead the demon as soon as the poison worked," Shinobu remarked with a slight pleading voice. 

"Right," Y/n nodded. "Of course-- but..." Y/n trailed off as she clenched on to the engawa tighter, trying to hold in a few tears that were threatening to leave its household. "Are you sure-- Are you sure you're going to do this? Isn't there any other way?" Y/n asked breathlessly as her voice slightly cracked. Shinobu turned to gaze Y/n who had a dejected expression, present in her face. Shinobu's gaze softened before engulfing her little sister in a tight side hug. 

"There's no other way, Y/n, I must die," Shinobu said silently. "I can't possibly decapitate him, and you know that I can't do anything about it," she continued and placed her head on her shoulders. "But no matter what, your big sister will always be with you," she said reassuringly. 

"No matter what?" Y/n asked. "No matter what," Shinobu smiled sadly at her. Y/n smiled down at Shinobu. "Alright Nee-san, I'll stick to your words," Y/n said silently before Shinobu caught sight of a group of slayers from the distance. "Looks like there's company," Shinobu commented as she got off of Y/n. 

"I'll go now, Y/n, you seem to be busy," Shinobu said silently as she prepared herself in a stance, she shifted into a butterfly as she flew away. "Shinobu-san!" Y/n exclaimed as the white butterfly came to a halt as she flapped her wings elegantly. "Thank you for the haori! I won't let you down!" Y/n exclaimed loudly as Shinobu smiled in her butterfly form. 'Atta girl,' Shinobu nodded to herself before flying away. 

Y/n heaved out a sigh as she fixed her haori quietly. "I won't let Kanae-san and Shinobu-san down. No matter what," Y/n remarked to herself. "You are the key to victory, so you should annihilate every demon that becomes a threat to the Corps, you can do it, I believe in you," Y/n encouraged herself before a small smile made its way on her lips. 'Right, of course I can!' she thought.

"Y/N-CHAN!!" A loud exclamation called from the distance to see a sprinting blonde boy who was running quickly towards the Flower Hashira. Y/n perked up at the familiar voice as she clasped her hands together in delight. "Zenitsu-san!" she chirped as Zenitsu jumped on to her, clinging on to her tightly. "Please, please, I beg off you! Your training isn't going to be hard, right? Right?!" he screeched loudly as tears escaped his eyes.

 "I swear, I'm going to commit suicide if your training is even harder than everyone else's! Those hashiras are so cruel with their trainings," Zenitsu cried. "Oi oi! M/n! Give me your love! I need to replenish my strength!" Inosuke exclaimed as he clung on to both Zenitsu and Y/n. Y/n sweatdropped a bit. "Y/n!" a voice called in the distance as Y/n perked up immediately to see a burgundy haired boy running towards the three of them and tackling the Y/n in a tight hug. "I'm so glad to see you again, my love!" Tanjiro exclaimed.