IV. ALL THAT YOU LOVE

It was early in the afternoon when I heard my phone go off. I groaned, the sun blinding me as I turned over and opened my eyes, trying to locate my phone. I reached over to the coffee table in front of me and grabbed for it, falling off the pullout couch I was laying on as I did so.

"Fuck." I let out a groan, grabbing at my shoulder and sitting up.

After rubbing the temporary hurt, I picked up the phone and checked who was texting me.

???:
Hey, Y/N! It's Lizzie! Do you still wanna meet up for lunch? I know a cute little bistro by your hotel if you're interested. Let me know, okay?

It took me a moment to register what I was seeing before realizing that it was Elizabeth texting me about our lunch date. No, stupid, not a date - she's married, stop that.

I checked the time, nearly 10:30am. I sighed and sat up against the couch, eyeing the bed where Brie was still asleep. What was I gonna do about her? Maybe I'd bring her some food back if she wasn't up by the time I was ready to leave.

With a little bit of a struggle, I got up from the floor, my body stiff and my head still spinning a little bit. Even though I had way less to drink than Brie did, I still had a little bit of a hangover. She was gonna have the worst headache of her life when she woke up.

I went into the bathroom, splashing some water on my face to wake myself up. This was the day I'd been waiting for forever. The woman who I had the biggest crush in the world on, who I had just met last night, was meeting me for lunch. I had to be on the top of my game.

I brushed my teeth and got dressed, deciding on a simple outfit, not much different than the one I wore the night prior. I took two aspirin and a glass of water and placed it on the nightstand next to the bed on the side closest to Brie so that when she woke up, she'd see it and maybe it would lessen her hangover. Maybe.

As I was putting on my shoes, my phone went off again. It was Elizabeth letting me know she was downstairs. Okay, this was it. I could do this.

I took a deep breath and collected my belongings. I looked back at Brie to see if she had woken up and when I was absolutely sure she was still asleep, I left, closing the door behind myself as quietly as I possibly could.

I nearly ran down the hall towards the elevator, beyond excited to be meeting Elizabeth fucking Olsen for lunch. I got in the elevator, wringing my hands nervously as I quickly approached the lobby.

Don't say something stupid, don't say something stupid.

I held my breath as the doors opened. I stepped out, discreetly looking around for her as I exited the building.

"Y/N! Hey!" I heard a feminine voice call me and I turned to see Elizabeth waving at me just a few feet away from where I was standing.

"Hey." I greeted her back, walking up to her and only being slightly surprised at the giant hug she gave me as a hello.

"I'm so glad you decided to have lunch with me before you left for New York."

"How could I say no?" I smiled at her and she linked her arm with my own, leading me down the street.

I looked down at our arms interlocked and I could feel my heart pounding hard in my chest. This closeness was a lot to take in.

"This place makes the best sandwiches and the coffee is to die for. Do you like coffee?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Iced mostly, but I drink it."

"Me too. I love iced coffee. And smoothies. Pretty much anything cold. Especially ice cream."