Shiro growled after him then moved his attention back to Kyo, "So what should we do now brother?"

Kyo grinned, "What we always do brother. We hunt."

It was Shiro's turn to grin that feral grin of his, moving Rei to a better place, he got ready to run, "Race ya," and Shiro took off with those two words.

Kyo was hot on his heels throughout the whole house until they got outside. The force they used to open the door scared Zero, who jumped a few feet then glared, "Damn people."

Shiro stopped and growled at Zero, "What was that, do you want some bones broken?"

Zero shook his head and Shiro nodded, "Thought so."

Kyo grinned and knocked Zero upside the head, "Ya did good sport. I'm sure daddy would be proud of ya!" Kyo burst out in evil laughter, mocking Zero.

Zero wanted to tear his face off, but his eyes fell on something else. Rei was watching him with a heated glare. Zero stepped forward and watched Rei with a straight face, "So Shiki, what are ya gunna do with this thing?"

Shiro growled, "What are ya trying to say?"

Zero held up his hands "I didn't mean nothing bad. I was just saying that if you keep such a small thing with you, it will be nuisance to you when you hunt or when you do other things."

Shiro studied Rei's small, worried face for a second then tilted his expressionless face, and spoke without braking eye contact with Rei, "I think I might keep him for a bit. See if he is actually any use to me. If he isn't I'll let Kyo or Shi kill him."

Rei flinched and wanted to cry, lowering his small face he held back the tears in his eyes. He may be young, but he did know a lot. And he knew his father shouldn't be saying things like this.

Shiro smirked at his son, "If ya keep acting like a baby, I'll kill ya myself. There's no use for weak things like yourself in this world."

Rei held back his flinch this time, knowing that that would be the best. Watching this situation go down, Zero snapped his fingers.

"Hey! What if I do something that will help him not be such a weakling."

Shiro looked at him with suspicion, "Like what?"

Zero took a step closer, "I could give him some of my blood and hypnotize him to be a blank slate. He wouldn't feel pain, sorrow, happiness, nothing."

Kyo watched Shiro with earnest. He knew what Zero was doing was a test set up by Shi to see if Zero's blood in Shiro's veins was really waking up his Shiki blood, making him careless and feral.

Shiro stood there, watching his son for the longest time before he looked at Zero and nodded his head, "No son of mine will be weak."

Zero grinned and took Rei from Shiro's arms. Rei started to cry and kick and claw at Zero, "No! Let me go!" Rei moved his teary eyes to lock them with Shiro's, "Daddy! Don't let him do it! Daddy!"

As Rei's screaming quieted from Zero entering the house, Shiro felt tears forming in his eyes, but he didn't feel the slightest bit sad. He wiped his eyes and turned to face Kyo, who still stood there staring at him, "What?"

"Are you really going to let Zero do that to your own son? Your flesh and blood?" Kyo said with no smile on his face, as serious as he could possibly muster.

Shiro looked back to where he last saw Rei then straightened his shoulders, "Yes. My son will not be weak. If he can't handle it, he can die in flames for all I care."

Kyo grinned, "You are just as viscous as I remember brother."

Shiro raised his eyebrow at that but Kyo grabbed his arm and dragged him to the closest people in the woods. Screaming soon followed after Shiro and Kyo's arrival, then all went silent.

~

Sammy and Beth paced around the living room while Grimmjow tended to Kaitey's broken arm. Ichigo sat on the couch with Kai in his lap pretending to sleep. Ichigo's eyes were unseeing and dull, he looked dead to the world and it brought sorrow to everyone who looked him in the eye.

Every time Grimmjow tried to tend to his broken arm, he would shake his head and silently say "no" then completely shut down again.

Sammy stopped her pacing and looked over at Ichigo. Her heart tightened from the sight, he must be hurting so bad right now. Shiro started acting the way he did, then took off with Rei, who knows what was going on at that second with those two.

Just as Kai started to close his eyes, his head filled with Rei's screams of pain. Kai jolted up with his fur on end, his head whipping around trying to find his brother. He opened his tiny mouth to squeak, "Rei! Rei!"

Ichigo broke out of his trance at the sound of Kai's voice and Rei's name. He started petting Kai, his eyes sad, "Its okay Kai, your brother's okay."

Kai batted Ichigo's hand away, his eyes large and watery, "No he isn't mum! I can hear him screaming! He needs my help and I'm not there!"

Sammy was now next to Kai and Ichigo while the others stood around her, "What do you mean Kai?"

Kai turned his attention toward her, "In my head, I can hear him crying and screaming." He then closed his eyes and he saw a dark room, then a man standing over him, he opened his eyes again, "and I can see someone."

Ichigo jolted forward, "Who do you see hunny?"

Kai moved his attention to all of them, "I don't know, the room is dark and I can't see all that well, but I know that this is where Rei is. I can feel it. He needs help mum. Whatever is happening, they aren't going easy on him. In fact," Kai closed his eyes again then cringed, "every time he screams, they put more of the stuff thy are using to make him scream inside him. They are putting a needle in his neck mum, it burns..."

Ichigo couldn't hear anymore, knowing his baby wasn't okay, and was being hurt was making his blood boil, and made him want to kill something. Standing up, he gave Kai to Sammy, and walked outside.

The group went to the window to see what Ichigo was going to do.

Ichigo walked up to a tree then started to yell and growl. He lashed his foot out and kicked the tree, making it crack. Ichigo kicked it again, a little bit harder this time, and the tree fell.

He did this to two more trees, and all the while, tears fell down his face in streams. When he moved onto the third, Sammy caught his leg and shook her head. Letting go, Sammy looked Ichigo in the eye, then pulled him into a tight hug.

At first, Ichigo didn't know what to do, then, more tears fell and he held onto Sammy as if he were going to fall if he let go.

Sammy started to pet his hair, "I can't say that it's okay, because that would make me a liar. But I can say that we will get them back Ichigo," Sammy moved to wipe some of the tears from Ichigo's face, "I promise you that with my life."

Ichigo started to cry more and buried his face in Sammy's hair, while she held him even tighter, trying to soothe the distraught vampire.

This wasn't going to be easy, if Sammy's theory was right, that meant that they had to stand up to three Shiki this time. While they held Ichigo's cub captive, and one of the Shiki being a close friend, brother, and the love of Ichigo's life.