25 Minutes

Please listen to this for the feels!
https://open.spotify.com/track/0spep9kiVz8ygYXCy4WCcz?si=a8z1v6vWSJi9ZKWcnS8j2g&context=spotify%3Asearch
Enjoy reading!

- - - - - - - -

"Take care of yourself naman, Ris! You know I'm not going to be with you all the time. Ano nalang mangyayari sa'yo kapag wala ako?" I sternly said. Risa has the flu because apparently, she thought it would be fun not to bring an umbrella despite knowing that the weather isn't going to be very good today.

"Pangga, nakalimutan ko nga lang yung payong! I'm sorry, okay? Besides, andito ka naman ngayon." She said while giggling. But suddenly, her facial expression changed,

"hindi ka naman siguro mawawala, 'di ba? Hindi mo naman ako iiwan kahit pasaway ako?" She said while giving me those eyes.

Ana Theresia, alam mo talaga kung paano ako kunin.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course not! I'm not going anywhere, silly. We'll stay until we consume each other, right?" I chuckled and gave her a peck on her lips as an assurance.

I laid beside her and put her head on my chest. I combed her hair with my fingers to help her fall asleep.

"Pangga?" She called.

"Hmm?"

"I wish we could stay like this forever. Just us in our bed, with me struggling to sleep, and with you holding me." She intertwined our hands.

"We'll reach our dreams first, 'Ga, then we'll be like this for as long as we want."

"I love you."

"I love you more, mahal."

"Really?"

"Really. More than you'll ever know." I kissed the top of her head before hugging her tighter.

The morning after, she just left me.

"Leni?"

I woke up from my bad dream when I heard someone knocking on my door. I checked the time, 1 am. Who visits someone at 1 am?

"Sandali!" I shouted, kung maka katok naman? Madaling madali ka ba?

I grumpily opened the door and froze when I saw the person behind it. It's like I've seen a ghost. A literal one because she ghosted me.

"Anong ginagawa mo rito?" I asked. Still not opening the door widely. Hindi ka naman welcome na rito.

"I'm getting married."

I scoffed and I looked at her unbelievably, "wow! 3 years since you left me hanging and the first thing you'll tell me is this? Well, kung 'yan lang ang ipinunta mo rito, thank you for informing me and congratulations. Makaka-alis ka na."

"No, Pangga, let me explain" Pangga.

Tangina, alam na alam mo pa rin kung paano ako kunin.

I finally opened the door to let her in. Ano ba naman 'yan, Leni. Ang rupok mo masyado.

"Please don't waste my time. Explain." I said coldly. Siyempre, hindi naman ako ganon ka-kaladkarin!

"The night that you found me home sick, I didn't really forget my umbrella. My parents fetched me for lunch. I intentionally left my umbrella because I know they would take me home too. Pero pagkadating namin sa restaurant, I was introduced to a man. They were arranging our marriage na pala. I got mad, because I thought of you. I thought of us. So I left and got home by myself. That's why I got sick."

I looked at her, puzzled. "Bakit hindi mo nalang sinabi sa akin 'yun noon? Bakit ka pa nagsinungaling? Ipaglalaban naman kita, Risa. Paninindigan naman kita." I laughed sarcastically, "kaya naman kitang panindigan noon, pero bakit umalis ka pa rin? Bakit iniwan mo nalang ako bigla?"

"Pangga-"

"Please refrain from calling me Pangga, Risa." It hurts.

She sighed, "Leni, you we're graduating from law school then, I don't want to add up sa stress mo kasi kaya ko namang ayusin 'yon, akala ko kaya ko namang ayusin. But they threatened me. Sabi nila, gagawin nila lahat para hindi ka makagraduate from Law school. I got scared, so I left. I love you so much I'll do everything to reach your dream," She started crying.

Tangina. I hate seeing her crying. Because I know anytime now, I might break the walls I've built and just lock her in my arms.

"Leni, Mahal pa rin kita," She cried more. "Please, just say you still love me, and I'm going to fight for us now. Handa na ako, Pangga. Please."

A tear fell from my eye. "Mahal pa rin kita, Risa." I saw her eyes glisten, "Pero you're too late. Tama na 'to, Ris. You deserve a less complicated love." Ano ba 'tong ginagawa ko?

She looked devastated as she continued to cry. Hindi ko kayang makita siyang ganito, I wiped her tears and hugged her.

"Hush, Ris, please don't cry."

Risa looked up to me and kissed me. I felt weak, and I started to respond. God, I missed this. I've missed her so much. We parted from our kiss, and she placed her head on my chest. Just like the old times. We stayed like that for a few minutes until she withdrew from the hug.

"My wedding's tomorrow. Here's an invitation. I'll wait for you at the back of the church. If you come, paninindigan kita, But if not, I guess I'll continue my life loving you silently. But I hope you'll fight for me. Sana panindigan mo pa rin ako." She gave me a peck, and left.

What the fuck do I do?

I was panting as I arrived at the back of the church, hindi naman ganon kalayo sa entrance, pero kabadong kabado ako. I am not sure if I made the right decision. I hope I did.

I roamed my eyes around, praying that she's still here. That I'm not too late.

I froze when I saw her come towards me. Ang ganda. She's so fascinating that I don't even want to touch her because I'm afraid I'd ruin her beauty. She smiled at me, and I met her halfway.

"You look lovely, pangga." I smiled.

She chuckled, "thank you."

I hugged her tightly as I was whispering how much I love her. She withdrew from my embrace and held my face. Tears started to fall from her eyes as she closed the gap between us. God, can we stay like this forever?

I held her hand on my face and I started crying. I started to doubt my decision.

"You're twenty-five minutes too late, Pangga." She sobbed.

"I know." I said as I traced the ring on her hand. I pulled her for a one last kiss.

When we parted, I immediately turned around because I know it would be hard for me to leave.

"Congratulations, mahal." I cried even more, "...Please take very good care of yourself. I won't be with you all of the time na."

I looked at her one last time, and gave her a reassuring smile. "Ano nalang mangyayari sa'yo ngayong wala na ako sa buhay mo?"

And I walked away.

She looked so happy in her wedding dress
But she cried while she was saying this
Girl, I've missed your kisses all the time
But this is twenty-five minutes too late
Though you travelled so far
Girl, I'm sorry you are twenty-five minutes too late

--------------
TY! :>