19 - Don't Freak Out

Bucky's POV

I really shouldn't know this. This is really bad. I know who the Protector is, which is Y/n by the way. I think that's the unbelievable part of it all. Like it's ok if I find out the Protector's identity, I won't tell anyone but it's Y/n. I can't see her everyday and not confront her about it. Also this means Y/n is always in danger. I can't stand the thought of that.

I've been laying in bed for a couple of hours trying to figure this all out. I know I should just forget the whole thing happened but I can't. If I say anything I can't say anything about myself being the Winter Soldier because that could get Y/n in more danger but I still have to talk to her about it.

——————————————————————————

I'm at school trying to figure out the best time to talk to Y/n. I'm going to do it, I just need to make sure it's when no one else can overhear and I need my speech I prepared to be perfect.

I see her standing by her locker, grabbing some things for the next class. Now's the time.

I quickly walk up to her, "Hey Y/n."

"Hey.", she closes her locker and we start to walk to our next class, Language Arts.

"Can I talk to you for a second?", I stop her in the middle of the hallway and people walk around us.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Alone?", I ask, worriedly.

"Sure?"

I hurriedly grab her arm and lead her into a janitor's closet, "Y/n."

She mocks me, "Bucky."

"Y/n this is serious."

"What?", She looks up at me.

"Don't freak out but-"

Y/n interrupts, look genuinely curious and maybe even a little fearful, "Why would I freak out?"

"...Because I know you're the Protector.", I say looking past her trying to avoid eye contact.

She just stares at me in complete shock.