04: Skateland

July 4th, 1988

*

NYLA HARRIS slowly creeped out of her bedroom as she listened to the sounds of the creaky hardwood floor that she was walking on. She grabbed her coat off the coat rack and put it on, before tip toeing towards the front door.

Nyla could hear the sounds of her mother's snore, letting her know that she was still sleep. Nyla slowly twisted the doorknob to the front door and opened it up, before walking outside

Nyla quietly closed the front door back and turned around, before seeing Eric's car parked in the driveway. She smiled to herself and ran over to the car, prompting Eric to hop out the car.

"Hey, babygirl." Eric smiled at the sight of her, as he pulled her in for a hug. "Hi, Eric." Nyla greeted, as they hugged. "Damn. You look good enough to eat right about now." Eric complimented. "Aw. So do you, E." Nyla responded.

"Yo, bro!" Dre rolled down the window and shouted, interrupting. "What nigga? You see me talking to Nyla." Eric voiced. "Well can you hurry up and come on? We gone be late." Dre said. "He's right. Let's get going." Nyla remarked.

Eric opened the car door and Nyla hopped in the passenger seat. She looked back and saw Dre, Ren, and Cube mushed up in the backseat together. She couldn't help but laugh at how close they were.

"Fuck you laughing at?" Cube asked. "Y'all being so close together." Nyla said, laughing. "Yeah, because yo nigga wanted to reserve the front for yo ass." Dre stated and she smiled. "That's not my nigga, but aight." Nyla responded.

"Yeah, uh-huh. Tell that to that nigga." Cube scoffed, making everybody laugh.

"Man, whatever." Nyla rolled her eyes.

Eric hopped into the driver's seat and closed the door, before putting his keys into the ignition.

"Y'all motherfuckers ready?" Eric queried. "Yeah!" Yella shouted. "Yes, nigga." Dre said. "Drive the fucking car, you damn imbecile." Cube spoke, making everyone laugh.

"You ready, sweetheart?" Eric asked Nyla, in a polite tone of voice. "Yeah." Nyla answered, blushing. "So, can y'all quit the flirting, once again?" Dre asked. "You a cockblocking ass nigga, Dre." Eazy said. "I don't give a fuck. Drive." Dre spatted.

*
NYLA HARRIS was now sitting in a chair between Yella and Ren, as Eric talked to everyone backstage. She was excited to see the boys perform, and she knew they were eager too.

"Hey fellas, y'all got any idea why I asked y'all to wear all black tonight? Cause we a all-star group and to be a all-star group, we gotta look like it, sound like it, dress like it." Eric spoke.