12 | 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃

Start from the beginning

"Madripoor could give New York a run for its money."

Zemo nodded. "They know how to party."

"With that bounty on your heads... the longer you're in Madripoor, the less likely that you'll ever be leaving." Sharon stated.

Carson laughed at the statement. "I'm pretty sure we can handle a bunch of petty criminals."

Sharon playfully rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone to double check the location that she had been sent. She looked around to get her bearings before nodding over to their left.

"Alright." She started. "He's in there. Container four-two-six-one."

Bucky nodded. "Me and Sharon will keep watch out here in case we were followed."

"But hurry." Sharon added. "We're on borrowed time." She gave them earpieces to pass around so that everyone could communicate.

"Thanks." Carson gave her a nod.

He passed over the next earpiece to Maia, not even turning to look at her.

Maia gave him a look. "What, you scared Wanda can see you now?" She taunted.

Sam walked over to the container and waved the others over. "Come on." He opened the doors and everyone looked inside, confusion falling over them all as they noticed it was empty.

"Hey Sharon," Carson began. "You sure this is the right one?"

"Positive. It has to be." Sharon responded through comms.

"We can't find anything here." Sam sighed.

"Well look harder."

"It's literally empty." Maia said. "There's nothing to look at."

Zemo was the first to step inside the container, flicking on his torch to look around. Carson held the door for Sam and Maia as they walked in, checking around him for anyone before walking inside the container himself.

Carson's eyes instantly travelled to the back of the container and his eyes narrowed, head tilting to the side a little. He tuned into his hearing and let it travel around in search for Wilfred.

Sam noticed what he was doing. "Can you hear him? Is he here?"

Carson remained silent but nodded in response. He raised his hand and placed it against the back of the container.

"Please be a secret door, please be a secret door." Carson muttered under his breath. He pushed against the wall of the container, a grin appearing on his face as a door opened to reveal a staircase. "Yay."

Carson walked up the stairs first, Sam, Zemo and Maia cautiously following behind. The stairs led into some sort of lab, music playing throughout the room.

As they walked through the halls, Carson allowed his powers to form at his hands, ready to use if things went south. Sam and Maia both had their guns raised while Zemo walked alongside.

Upon turning the corner, Carson looked through the room to see Wilfred stood with his back turned, humming along to the song that was playing.