Chapter 2 - Disappearance

All of them could see it now. It was Cair Paravel. But a feeling grew in Edmund's gut and his eyes trailed to the empty spot between the boys and the girls. "She's gone," his voice cracked and tears pricked his eyes. That moment, a piece of everyone's hearts could be heard shattering. "All we knew is gone."

-~:~-

The four hadn't found your compass or spyglass when they observed the things in the basement. Yet, it didn't surprise them since you always carried both with you. After that, they had saved Trumpkin and learned about Telmarines being in Narnia.

By now, Peter was rowing a boat down the river while Trumpkin, the dwarf, spoke after Lucy commented on how trees used to dance. "Wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded." Though the four immediately had questions forming in their minds, they let him continue speaking. "Those who survived retreated to the woods. And the trees, they retreated so deep into themselves they haven't been heard from since."

"I don't understand," Lucy said sadly. "How could Y/n and Aslan have let this happen?"

"Aslan?" Trumpkin asked. "Thought he abandoned us when you lot did."

Peter was about to speak when he was cut off by his brother. "What about Y/n?"

Trumpkin frowned. "Disappeared also. Into thin air. No one has ever found her spyglass or the compass. Some of us think that she's just a tale."

The siblings' eyes widened. Peter took his turn to speak. "We didn't mean to leave you, you know?"

"Makes no difference now, does it?" Trumpkin asked.

"Get us to the Narnians and it will," Peter said firmly.

Though Peter and Trumpkin were having a conversation, Edmund and Lucy's thoughts were elsewhere. They seemed to be having the same thought. If you disappeared, it doesn't necessarily mean that you died. And that gave them a new glimmer of hope. Hope of maybe, just maybe, seeing you again.