Damn Kids (1)

(Y/N) POV

It's now been 5 years since Optimus left to find his creators. I've been looking after the Autobots with Cade, keeping them under the radar and out of trouble.

Cade and I get up just before dawn, ready to go to Chicago again. Slinging our backpacks into the back of the ATV, I get into the driver seat. If there's one thing I know, I'm a better driver than Cade. We drive for a while to the broken down part of Chicago from the Chicago war. It sometimes has items that we can use to repair the bots if they hurt themselves in their little 'play fights' they do. Today is different though, we had seen a ship crash land the day before.

Bee follows a few hundred meters behind in his vehicular form. I stop the ATV next to a kid and a dying transformer. Cade walks forward to the Sentinel, a blaster in his hand. I pull the keys from the ignition and grab the larger blaster from my bag. I begin to shoot as Bee swings from a building and tackles the sentinel.

"Im tired of people messing with me." Bee says through his radio.

"No! I can fix him!" I swivel my head to find Cade trying to get the girl to leave the dead transformer be.

I sling the blaster across my back as I slide into the drive's seat again. I place the keys into the ignition and make sure everyone is in before driving to the edge of the restricted area. Turning the ATV off, I get out and lead the kids to a hole in the fence.

"Hey! You're those people! The ones who save transformers. I thought you were both just legends." The kid says. "Hey you know there's a reward for turning you in?" I glance at him as he looks at Cade.

"Really?" I say. "Cool, you want to be blown inside out with the blaster on my back?"

Cade gives me a wtf look and I shrug. "N-no." The kid says.

After the kids finally go back through the fence, Cade and I head back to the ship that crash landed. Cade sets up the explosives and blows off the hatch. Since I'm smaller than Cade, I slide down into the cockpit with the transformer. He tries to move away, but is pinned in place by the object through his chest.

"Easy, easy all right. We're here to help you." Cade says from above me, passing down a rag.

I hold it to the transformer's wound and he rips off his mask, revealing the small amount of energon leaking from his mouth.

"You're hurt really bad. All right? It's okay." I say, standing up to gain a bit more footing.

Reaching into his chest plate, the transformer pulls out a circular item, holding it out to me. "The talisman will protect you." He says.

I smile gently before closing his hand back around it gently. "You don't owe me anything."

"Seglass ni Tonday." He says, holding it out to me again.

"I can't. You keep it." I say.

I pull myself out of the cockpit with ease. The transformer's voice fades easily as he next speaks, his words unrecognisable. Cade and I slide down to the ground, our backpacks over our shoulders.

Cade holds a radio up. "Sorry Bee. He didn't make it." He put the radio down. "This is turning into one shitty ass day."

I glance at him. "Got that right." I say as we walk.

Cade turns to look at something, stopping in his tracks. I turn to see what he's looking at. I see the cop car. Barricade, a Decepticon, basically Megatron's right hand man now. I glance at Cade to see the green light on his jacket.

"Cade." I say.

He looks down at his jacket. Cursing to himself, we both raise our hands, dropping our bags to the ground. I see the multiple TRF agents around the place, guns raised. Cars roll up, machine guns strapped to the roof with people arming them. Cade is the first to get on his knees, I do the same a few seconds later. About 30 people surround us, guns raised.