Chapter 18: Kamino Aftermath

Start from the beginning

Deformed and scarred. His skin is very pale, no hair, old scars that looks like they will never go away. It gave Yagi goosebumps as his stomach begins to turn.

Yagi: What the hell happened to him?

Protocol droid: He was on the firey planet known as Mustafar, in a duel with his older master, Obi Wan Kenobi. In the end, he lost his legs and his left arm, and was burned when he rolled to the edge of a lava bend.

Yagi doesn't respond. He doesn't know the Mustafar system, but he already knows from what he learned that it is not a pleasant place.

One of the medical droids places a ventilator mask on Vader's face to pump in oxygen and various tubes that are vital for him as they remove his armor. Toshinori watches as the droids take apart the armor. His knuckles turn white when the control panel is removed, because it was literally inside Vader's chest!

The true horror of Vader's condition is revealed when all of the pieces of the armor is removed. Implants all over his chest, spinal chord, back, neck... it was everywhere. He's more machine than man. His skin didn't look like it was properly healed or given the time to do so.

Yagi: How- how was he even alive?!

Protocol droid: I ask myself that as well sometimes.

The voice of Toshinori bursts out in horror. It should be impossible for Vader to even be alive. He couldn't help but feel so bad for him, no one deserves a fate like this, being burned alive, having no arms and legs, and having to rely on cybernetic implants.

His hopes return when the heart monitor beeps, signaling that Vader is alive.

Yagi: Oh thank God.

Protocol droid: Thank goodness that master is still alive!

The protocol droid turns its head and scans Yagi, noticing that he is wounded and bruised.

Protocol droid: Goodness sir! It seems like you had your fair share as well. Let me get something to treat you.

The droid walks away and returns with a bacta spraying device.

Protocol droid: This is bacta spray. It will not fully heal you, but it will do the job with healing your minor wounds. Please sir, allow me to treat you.

Again, another thing that Yagi has never heard of. But when he heard that it can help with his minor wounds, it was all he needed to hear.

Yagi: Alright then. Better than nothing.

The protocol droid begins to spray on Yagi's wounds as it starts to do the job. He watches the medical droids work on Vader by removing all 4 of the durasteel limbs. He turns his attention to the protocol droid that is treating his wounds.

Yagi: What is this "bacta spray?"

Protocol droid: Why good sir, it is a substance with near-miraculous healing properties. This world did not have the required ingredient to create such a thing, so my master settled with Recovery Girl's saliva in order to replicate her quirk and use it as the final ingredient.

Yagi: Wait... what???

Flashback ends

Naomasa: Dear God!

Yagi: Yeah, you had to be there in person to understand what I saw.

Gran Torino: Even after everything what happened to him, he was still strong enough to kill All for One. Vader has my full respect.

Yagi: I couldn't agree more.

Naomasa: Now I have a question of my own. How strong do you think he was before he dawned that suit?