The crowd was so loud, everyone's attention was on something I couldn't see. The beauty Padgett long forgotten.

I was trying to push through the crowding people, I wanted to know what was going on!

There was a lot of pushing and shoving but I eventually made it to the front of the crowd. And I saw it.

It was a dead body.

It looked the person had been stabbed multiple times in the neck face and stomach, making them unrecognisable.

Written in blood next to the body were the words: you're next Middleton. I stood there frozen in shock.

Was this going to be the fate of family as well? A silent tear slipped down my face.

Then a hand gripped my shoulder. I snapped out of my daze and looked up, it was my mother.

There was also tears in her eyes but she grabbed my hand and pulled me back through the crowd.

She didn't say a word until we met up with my father, he was looking down at his feet in deep thought.

"Well William, what shall we do?" My mother asked in her shrill but soft voice.

"I'm still trying to figure that out Mariam" my father replied. "Mommy, dad- what's going on?" I asked, they ignored me.

I tried again, "Do people want to hurt us?" This got there attention. My mother knelt down to my height, she clasped my hands and looked me in the eyes.

"Baby, we don't know."

My stomach sunk to the bottom of my shoes. This was the first time in my life that my mother had no idea what was happening and what to do.

More tears started rolling down my cheeks, "mommy I scared" I whined, gripping her hands.

She pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her neck and she hoisted me up onto her waist.

I hadn't noticed until now but my father had his phone out and was talking to someone in a very serious tone.

He hung up and looked at my mother. " they'll be here in a minute" he grunted, my mother nodded.

"What? Who will be here?" I questioned but they both shrugged off my question.

My mom carried me out of the building and out onto the street, the sun was just going down at the sky looked absolutely beautiful.

Within a few moments my father also came out of the building and stood beside my mother as a black shiny car pulled up.

The tinted window rolled down to revel a bulky man wearing shades and had an ear piece leading into his tux.

He nodded to my father. My mother pulled me into the car and buckled me into the backseat with her while my father sat up front with the driver.

The man started driving us away, away from the crowd, away from the body, away from the danger.

Or so we thought.

A/n

This was kinda jus a prologue but like it has to be read to understand the book-

This is my first book non fabrication and it feels weird cause I get to make everything up

Also vote cause ya

Follow me or I will pour cement in your ass.

/hj  :)

Matilda

546 words