5

Zhongli found the stream quite by accident. Someone had suggested on a previous steam of his that he get acquainted with the game Jenshin Collision since he looked like one of the characters. He figured the best way to do that was to watch a stream. He didn't expect Scaramouche to be the streamer. Nor did he expect Childe to make such a confession on camera. 

The professor looked at the stack of notebooks and picked up Childe's. He was tempted to look but didn't. The door to his office opened. Zhongli dropped the notebook onto the desk, looking up. "Ningguang, how nice to see you." 

"You didn't look, did you?" Ningguang crossed her arms. "I knew you wouldn't but you should." 

"I don't want to read something I'm not supposed to." 

"But, you are supposed to. It's a notebook filled with drafts on how to confess to you," Ningguang pointed. "Aren't you slightly curious? I know you like him too." 

"I would never have such feeling for a student," Zhongli shook his head. 

"You're a good man. Of course, you would never act on such feelings for a student. I know you like him though." 

"Oh?" Zhongli folded his hands on his desk. "How would you know that?" 

"You smile when you grade his work. I haven't seen you smile since Mom died," Ningguang opened the door. "I just dropped by to say hi. I've got an appointment so I must leave. Do think about what I've said, hm?" she pointed once again to the notebook. 

Zhongli picked it up and placed it back on the stack. It didn't feel proper to look at it. No matter what Ningguang said, such emotions shouldn't be toyed with for curiosity. Zhongli stood up and went to his bedroom. He untied his hair and stripped out of his familiar suit. After hanging it up and grabbed his nightrobe. He opened the window before sitting on his bed, moving under the covers, and picking up the book he'd started the night before. The cool outside air was refreshing. 

The neighborhood dogs barked outside. It was not an unusual sound so he didn't pay much attention to it. He opened the book but he couldn't focus on the words. "Why is Ningguang giving me dating advice when she married based on a bet?" Zhongli held his face in his hand.

"I told you it was an emergency! You've come with me this far just give me another nudge!" 

"I'm not coming with you!" 

"You have to come with me I'm almost---" 

Zhongli focused on his book. From the way it sounded his neighbors might be getting up to something. He tried not to think about it too much but the suggestive language sure did make him curious. 

"Hnnnn-!" 

There was a thud and a slight breeze. Zhongli turned his head toward the window, believing himself to be imagining things but he wasn't. His eyes met with Childe's. 

"Did you...just climb into my bedroom window?" 

"Dr. Morax?!"