Chapter 4

A/N: Miss Rose is Ruby Rose, yes.

-----

Calculus homework messily spread out on the edge of Florence's bed, left untouched and unfinished. There the blonde was, her back against her headboard with the light from her phone reflecting back. The girl was smiling to herself as she scrolled through Hailee's Instagram.

She first clicked on the most recent picture of Hailee and who she assumed was her group of friends during New Years. Florence smiled at the pureness of friendship before continuing to scroll down.

She paused when she saw a post of Hailee upside down with a picture of a cat next to it for comparison. The caption read, '90% of scientists can't tell the difference between this girl and this cat!!'

Florence can't help but laugh at loud at that. Hailee was so adorable. Scrolling down more, she paused when she sees a picture of the dark hallway that leads to the girl's soccer locker room. She frowns in confusion at the picture before glancing at the caption,

'Hate this place'

Florence's lips parted slightly when it hits.

'What a weirdo'

'She's such a loser'

'Isn't she gay? Should we be worried?'

Florence feels a pain in her chest when she remembers the words her teammates uttered before Hailee entered the room. The girl heard them and knew she did nothing to stop them from saying the cruel comments.

Florence berates herself before deciding to finally text back Hailee. Looking back at the last text Hailee sent her, 'thank you x' she responded back,

FlorencePugh
It's okay! *deletes*
That seems like a serious situation *deletes*
Please don't talk to Ella anymore lol *deletes*

Florence purses her lips in frustration before settling with something more simple.

With Hailee, the brunette was playing with different chords on her acoustic guitar, a pencil in her mouth, as she tried to find the right chords for the song she just finished writing.

A ding interrupted her focus from the desk next to her bed. Her phone lit up making Hailee reach forward to grab the device.

FlorencePugh
Are you feeling okay?

Hailee removed the pencil from her mouth and can't help the smile that makes her way on her face. It was Florence.

The songwriter replied right away,

HaileeSteinfeld
yeah, i'm fine, don't worry 😊

Florence frowns at that.

FlorencePugh
You sure?

Hailee makes a face at this girl's insistence.

HaileeSteinfeld
yeah honestly i'm fine *deletes*
yes really *deletes*

Hailee groans loudly and stands up from her bed, instead choosing to sit on the floor. She types a possible response before deleting it again, and laying on the floor on her back.

 She types a possible response before deleting it again, and laying on the floor on her back