(II) Chapter 17 - Fireworks

Start from the beginning

"I know..." 

"Fine! It's not that I can stay mad at you!" Smiled at him and I wiped the sweat on his face with the handkerchief I brought with me

"Alright... I told myself that I'll tell him what I really feel... He's here... So there's no reason for me to back out now..."

"Takeji... There's something I need to tell you... I—"

"I'm sorry for being late Nino..."

"You already said sorry for that! What are you talking abou—"

"I LOVE YOU NINO. I love you and I'm sorry for taking too long to finally tell you."

I wasn't able to reply. He was just staring at me with his sincere eyes. It feels like I can't even hear the fireworks anymore. It's like time stopped around us. It was just the two of us alone at the moment. The night sky was filled with beautiful fireworks and I can see it lighting up our faces from up above.

I just look at him and I can feel the tears from my eyes.

"I'm sorry for being so indecisive. Sorry for not being honest with my feelings. I'm sorry if by any chance I hurt you for waiting this long. I'm really—"

"You dummy! Can't you let me finish my sentence!? I was about to say something when you cut me off!"

"I see... Sorry about that. What were you about to—"

I cut him off as I jump on him and gave him a kiss.

I can now hear the loudness of the fireworks in the sky but I think my heartbeat was louder. Without a care in the world, my lips brush against his. 

"Does that give you an answer?" I smiled at him and I noticed him being all red.

"I Love you too, Takeji."

"I don't care if you were indecisive. I don't care if you were late."

"What I care about is you. And you're here. I love you Dummy... I love you so much..."

He pulled me close to him. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss once more. I can feel his lips and I brush mine against his. I hold on to him as we kiss each other underneath the colorful fireworks painting the night sky.

As we continue to kiss, tears were falling from my face and I hugged him tightly.

"So this is what it feels like to be loved back? To be chosen...? If this is a dream... I wouldn't want to wake up from it..."

I move slightly away from him and asked,

"So I guess Fumia wouldn't be going anymore?"

"Yeah... She already told me that she wouldn't go. Both of us cleared things up with each other."

"You did?"

"Yeah, she also said that I take care of you."

"Fumia... Thank you..."

I just smiled and I grab his hand.

"Let's enjoy the rest of the Fireworks festival then." I told him as we sat on the bench.

We continue to watch the fireworks from where we were seated as I continue to hold on to his hand. Without a care in the world, I leaned on his shoulder enjoyed the moment I was having with him.