"I missed you, a lot. " Chapter 12<3

I'm super bored and I want to cry for no reason (I mean obviously there is a reason but yk!!!)

Half of this probably won't make sense but it's whatever

Yay!!  New sad chapter here I come

Ayakas pov:
I laid in bed, thinking, I couldn't sleep.

I kept thinking about the fact I'll have to skate against tartaglia. I know he's from Snezhnaya, he grew up around snow and ice. Unlike me.

Hes probably alot more experienced. A lot better.

What was I thinking? Racing someone like him.

My heart felt like it was clinging to my chest, trying to stop me from crying.

I'm no good, and I doubt I can skate well.

The more doubt I have the worse I become, and the worse I become the more doubt I have. It's a useless cycle that won't let go.

Im afraid.

I'm afraid of losing, or messing up, or yoimiya not loving me, or another injury, or....ice-skating. Maybe I'm afraid of skating itself.

I felt sick again. I shook it off as nervousness and tried to sleep.

-ding-

Yoimiya!
I heard you're skating against childe?

Why does she care. I should answer, right? For her.

Ayaka<3
Yeah.

Yoimiya!
You'll probably win, go easy on him. It's not like he's a bad person or anything.

Ayaka<3
Right.

I sighed and put down my phone. I remembered something.

Something my mother had told me.

I finished a day's work, ayato was still working.

I went up to her.

"... I finished my work.. "

"Oh? Everything? "

"Mhm.. "

"Good, at least I have one child that's okay. "

"... Oh.. Yeah. "

I couldn't help but feel my heart sink, and my eyes water.

It was a compliment. Why am I so emotional?

I understand now. I always looked up to my brother. It's a lot of responsibility and expectations being told you're the 'okay' one of the two.

Of course, she didn't mean it, because everyone knew ayato was far superior to me.

I didn't mind, I liked being behind him.

-the next morning-

I know Ayato is coming home later today.

I get up and go and sit in the kitchen, I have to skate against tartaglia today, I still feel sick.

I decided I'd go early to practise and warm up.

I ate yet another small portion of plain rice, got my stuff together and left for the skating rink.

When I got there, I found out tartaglia had booked the place for me, him and yoimiya for the whole day. Just who does he think he is?

I put my stuff down and changed into my ice-skates, within a few seconds I was on the ice.

I was just gliding around, occasionally throwing in a spin or something. It didn't matter, no ones here, it's just practise