With a promise I held my mother close and squeezed her to me. We both shed tears as we held one another. The tight and edgy feeling in my chest slowly began to vanish as I pulled away and kissed her cheek

"Thank you, for those word. I will carry them with me forever. I love you mom, I want you to know that. I want you to know that I've admired and respected you all of my life. Because of you I am who I am today." I said.

"I am so proud of the woman you have become. I look at you and feel nothing but happiness. Go, enjoy yourself and try to squeeze a date in the mist of it all for Jim. The man needs to move on." She chuckled.

I nodded and laughed just as the knock on our door pulled us from the emotional moment

"Behave and be kind. I love you, Aria. I'll see you soon, honey." She lastly said as I went to answer the door.

Taking a deep breath I unlocked the door and opened it to find Jim standing in a pair of jeans and a plain shirt.

"Jim, why aren't you dressed?" I asked.

He ran a hand through his hair as he looked down to his muddy boots. "You look beautiful, Aria." He said.

Waving goodbye to my mother I smiled at her before closing the door behind me. We stood staring at one another for a long moment before he finally cleared his throat to speak.

"Listen, I don't think it's a good idea that I go." He muttered.

"Why?" I asked.

"It has nothing to do with you, I just want you to know that. I just can't find the courage to apologize to a Heart." He confessed.

"Jim, you don't have to do anything you don't want to, but you should really think about it. Sometimes we fail to see past our own egos and in the end we realize we should have let go of our pride." I said.

He huffed out a breath and took my hand to lead me to his pick-up truck. I slid in gathering the long dress into my lap. Maybe I should have gone with something a bit smaller. Then again the scarlet empire dress I wore had been a perfect fit, almost as if it had been destined for me.

"I'll drop you off, I'm sorry, Aria. I know I should just swallow my pride on this one but I just can't." He honestly confessed.

I smiled over at him and buckled my seatbelt as he turned the engine on and drove towards our destination. The illuminating light's coming from the large manor made my stomach suddenly knot. I felt my breath coming in short just as Jim neared the tall elegant white gates in front of us.

"Invitation?" The guard said as he neared Jim's open window. I quickly slipped my purse strap off my shoulder and opened the small bag to take out the invitation that had been mailed to me a week ago.

Taking the invitation he walked over to the gates that formed a beautiful H in the center and pulled them open. Jim drove past them and I felt my stomach turn as we rode up the long paved road. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath, I needed to stop my palms from sweating and my stomach from coiling out of nerves.

"Aria?" Jim's voice startled me the instant he placed a hand on my naked shoulder. I jumped trying to compose myself as he stared at me in worry.

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

My heart sped up as I stared at the large manor before me. Something in me clicked as I recalled standing before the very doors dressed in a wedding dress. My fingers curled around Jim's arm resting over my shoulder.