Chapter 1 : Inception

Sunday, 11:37 pm

Seller: "2 billion"

???: "1"

Seller:"Come on, you know i can't do this"

???: "Then leave"

Seller: " *sigh*.... 1.5? Please agree or else it will be the death of me!"

Hearing that, the man on the big chair glared at the him, making the seller gulp

???: "Don't ever try to play tricks on me"

Seller: "Sir.."

???: "1.3"

With that they shook hands and signed the deal, making him the sole drive for the economy of the country.

_______________

Monday, 8:50 am

Laila finally woke up gazing at the sunny sky, after snoozing the alarm for the fourth time. It was a Monday and to her surprise she was late. She didn't want to rush things, therefore took a deep breath before going to freshen up.

She stepped out of the shower, with her towel wrapped perfectly around her winsome body and peach like skin, while water dripped down her tresses like dew.

Changing into her trench coat and boots, she switched on the television for a moment

"Aleyn Romero becomes the richest man in the country and our affluent role model after just yesterday, closing the deal on the Celeste Tower!- which is the 5th most expensive landmark in the world! What a proud moment for-"

Laila sighed and switched it off and then realized that she was running late.

She was a sales assistant at a well known brand. The job was something that she loved and worked hard for and would do anything to maintain her position.

At the end of the day, she bid her colleagues goodbye and began to walk back home.

She met with her favorite person on the way. A 63 year old granny whom she felt attached to. Her smile was always warm, making Laila miss her mom who was away in another city. Granny owned an antique shop, 'Enchant's works'.
"Evening, Gran Gran. How were today's sales? Any news?"
"Oh! My little Lail is here. How are you? and no, nothing new except a handsome old man that stared at the mannequin for quite a while", she exclaimed, pointing towards the wooden mannequin adorned in a crystal ball gown. Layla had never seen the gown or the mannequin before, so she assumed it was a new finding.

"I had a cheerful day though", Laila stated while tracing her fingertips swiftly by the gold plated dresser. She looked at herself in its mirror smiling, trying to think about something, while she got cut off by granny Louisa.
"Well I'm sure you did as always. And i would only love to see your smile even more", Louisa gave a soft smile and kissed Laila's forehead which made her eyes brim with tears. Keeping her head low, she mumbles, "i miss her"
"Ou ou ou, don't cry. Its ok. You'll live happily with not a moment to spare and all her love someday. I'm sure of it", Louisa assured her.
Being away from her only family made it even harder for her knowing that she is loved but couldn't reach it just yet.