Chapter:29

Killua had regained his composure after what seemed to be a couple minutes. He gave me a single cold glance as he left without another word. The hours that followed left me in complete silence. Leaving me to stew in my own thoughts.

Was his reaction genuine? Maybe he was trying to get me to lower my guard. Not like I'm guarding much. Far as I know he could be interrogating and torturing my comrade now. An unsettling thought to say the least.

Ever since he left the pain has been constant. Be it a dull ache on my chest, or a sharp stab of pain in my jaw. Dried blood on my face made a soft crackling sound when I tried to stretch my jaw. I feel as though if I let it get stiff, it won't open again. I just hope nothing broke.

My entire body felt weak. All of its energy used up in fits of rage. All that energy and the only damage I did was break a nose. If he wanted to break my will it wouldn't take much at this point. If that's still his intention at least.

"Gotta say. If he's playing me, he's a damned good actor. Would do well in some movie." I mutter to myself. I chuckle lightly as I think about the commander skipping down the yellow brick road. The small laugh sends me into a small coughing fit. My throat was too dry and scratched up from screaming to give me such a luxury. "How long will I have to wait for them to get me something? Or let me relieve myself?"

Then my previous thought returns to my head. "What if he doesn't intend to at all? To him I know too much. I'm a threat. So he may just let me starve to death." My stomach turns but still nothing is able to come out. My heartbeat speeds up in momentary fear.

"This is how I'll go out? Strapped to a chair and forced to die from dehydration?" I close my eyes and try to focus on just breathing. Trying to push the thought from my mind. But each breath rattles as my body trembles from pain. It only reminds me death can come as slow or quick as it likes. Perhaps my mind is accepting the fact death may come soon.

"Who are you talking to?"

My eyes snap open and find Killua standing at the door. I didn't even hear him come in. He stands with a canteen in one hand and a small bread loaf in the other. My stomach growls loudly looking at them.

"Have you come to tease me? Eat in front of me?" I ask, my eyes not moving from the bread.

"Ihr Engländer seid dumm. No. I still need you alive. However, I'm not feeding you." He places the items on the chair and pulls out a length of rope. "I'll tie your hand in front of you. If you try to fight I won't hesitate to shoot you."

I say nothing. My brain has gone completely silent. No intent. No malice. Not even a joke. All it wants is food.

"I'll take your silence means you understand." He walks behind me and I feel the ropes give. He pulls both arms to my front and quickly binds them again. The moment he's done I quickly reach out and attack the bread.

It's slightly stale and tastes bland but right now it might as well be a five star meal. I nearly bite my fingers as the bread disappears in seconds. My eye flick to Killua who has been standing quietly with his hands behind his back.

I stare at him for a moment before I snatch the canteen and remove the top. I tilt my head back and drink. A wave of pleasure flowing through my body. The room temperature water was like ambrosia in this moment.

I pull the now empty canteen from my lips and let out a sigh of relief. "You'd never expect to think a bit of water and stale bread to be satisfying." My stomach growls at my comment. "Well somewhat satisfying." My voice comes out much clearer.

I place the canteen back on the chair and turn to Killua. He's like a statue. Like something the Romans would build. Instead of carving the eyes they place pure sapphires instead. I clear my throat lightly. "So lieutenant. What do I owe you for this kindness?"