Over, the Pool of Blood

Karan flipped again on his brother's bed. It was for the nth time he did that. Turning around, closing his eyes taking a breath. Drawing arms around his brother, trying to sleep. But Sleep was far away from his eyes. He couldn't sleep or even shut his eyes to welcome the sleep.

Taking a deep breath he tightly pressed his eyes close. Trying to make his mind numb with sleep.

Karan(mind): so ja Karan.

He never had this problem, atleast not after his marriage. With her beside him, he slept like a log. With no worries of the world.

But today it was a different talk, he was not able to sleep or even droze for a moment.

Surely he had days like this. Where he couldn't sleep. The fire-like burning in his chest and the growling sickness in his stomach, making it all even worse.

Karan shut opens his eyes taking a heavy breath. He turns his head to the left side looking at Rishab to only find him asleep.

God ! And why wouldn't anyone be ? It's two AM in the midnight and he was wide awake like an owl.

Karan fists his palms trying to calm the rapidly crawling uneasiness.

Karan(whispers): calm down... Mann ithna ghabra kyu rah hain ? What's this uneasiness for ? Sab kuch tho theek tha. Babydoll bhi...

He plants his palms against his face calming his breath. He again turns his sides closing his eyes.

He stills when he hears a groan from his brother and then receives a kick on his bum making his eyes wide.

Rishabh: Yaar agar thuje yaha nahi neend aah rahe tho ja na Preeta ke paas. I know you can't even tie your tie without her. Sleeping here is even a big task.

Rishabh chuckles saying the last sentence'. Karan sits on the bed shaking his head at his brother.

Karan: it's not like that. This room has some problem. I mean....

Rishabh rises his head giving him a teasing smile and turning other side closing his eyes.

Rishabh: off the AC while you leave.

Karan hums sliding down the bed. He walks out of the room after switching the AC and closes the door behind him.

His march towards his room was quick like light. Even after standing infront of his door his heart didn't stop pounding like mess.

He closes his eyes taking deep breaths calming his heartbeat as much as he can. He blows out a breath before pushing the door, letting it open wide.

He lets out a soft sigh seeing Preeta sleeping on his side, her face pressed against his pillow. A smile curves on seeing the view.

God. This lady has totally with no efforts turn him into a despo. He couldn't even sleep without her in his arms, even for a single day. Such was the power she had on him.

Karan(mind): dheka. Woh yahi hain. Idoit ho thum just like what she says. And ye jayegi bhi kaha? Pagal ! Bekhar main kuch bhi soch raha tha.

He enters inside the room closing the door behind him. A chuckle leaves a mouth seeing her fully occupying the bed.

Karan smiles squatting beside the bed, looking at her with a soft smile and leaning in and kissing her forehead. He slowly, making sure no movement is done lays down on the bed, beside her on the right side.

He stares at her, softly tucking her stray hairs back and slowly caressing her cheek with he thumb. His brows frow feeling her skin cold.

Karan shakes his head taking the AC's remote and switching it off leaving a sigh.