Chapter 8: Preparation

"I feel so much better now!" I exclaim as I emerge from the bathroom. Finally clean after 4 days of walking through the woods.

We managed to get a hotel room for one night as we planned while on our trek. Finally something modern again. Neither Peeta or I have been to Distrcit 6 so it was interestsing to see how it turned out to look like.

"Can you hurry up? I need to look handsome as well before we head to the train station." Peeta jokes as I leave the bedroom. I chuckle and find him still re-packing our things. I quietly approach him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"But, you're already handsome." I whisper into his ear and I see Peeta smile. He turns his head to look at me and we share a quick kiss.

"Now go on, you've asked me to clear the bathroom." I say patting his shoulders and moving away from him. He stands up and wraps an arm around my waist as I walk away. I yelp as he pulls me back into his embrace.

"And what are you going to do?" Peeta asks me, his lips centimeters from mine.

"Something you won't know." I reply and he lets me go, turning to the bathroom.

"Oh and by the way I'm calling the police." My eyes widen at his comment and freeze in my place.

"W-why?"I stutter.

"Because you stole something." He states and turns to look at me from the other side of the room.

"What did I steal?" I don't remeber stealing anything. I could have. Oh no.

"You. Stole. My. Heart." Hearing the answer I grab a pillow from the bed and throw it at him.

"Peeta!" I whine and he laughs, the cushion landing in front of him. "That's sweet but you scared me so much!"

"What can I say? You did." He turns away, leaving the pillow and walking out of the room.

I roll my eyes and walk towards the window overlooking a part of District 6. Tomorrow, I'll be faced with District 10.

I collapse onto the bed and release another sigh. One more day and then we will be free. Hopefully for a while.

The thought of Peeta and I having freedom enters mind and makes me fall into the world of oblivion.

---------------------------

My eyes open again to the feeling of lips against mine. I see Peeta break away from the kiss and smile at me.

"Hey." Peeta greets me with one of his loving smiles.

"Hey." I repeat and stretch.

"Everything is finished. We can go as soon as we eat." Peeta says and I sit up beside him.

"You did all the packing and made breakfast? Peeta, you should have woken me so I could help you.'

'It's okay. There wasn't much to do anyway." He pulls me up from the bed and we walk to the small table where two plates are laid. I smile seeing one of the first cooked meals I've had for a while.

"Only the best for my future wife." He states and pulls back a chair and gestures me to sit down.

"Oh! When did I get such a gentleman?" I exclaim and Peeta kisses my head before sitting down himself.

"Ages ago." Peeta answers and we both eat our breakfast, quietly yet quickly as we need to get one of the first trains we can to District 10.

Finishing, we get up and I collect our 4 bags. Handing Peeta his two when we meet up again, he places his hand on the small of my back.

"Here we go again." Peeta sighs and we both laugh before exiting out and heading further away from what we called home.

READ MY NEW ONE-SHOT TITLED GRACEFUL MOVES - NOW IN MY WORKS