Manik: Y-You did what- ?

Manik stared at her with a frown, hoping it was not what he was thinking it to be.

Niyonika: Manik- You were drunk, I didn't know what else to do!

Manik: What did you do, Maa?

He looked at her, anxious. Manik didn't know why, this, all of this seemed like a wrong idea.

Niyonika: I called Nandini last night and asked her to come back. She said she was sorry but she didn't say anything else.

Manik's eyes widened and he felt his fear came true. His mother had indeed called Nandini in the middle of the night and cried her to come back.

Manik: Maa- Why- How could you do this!

He took another step ahead as his mother shook her head. His father seated beside her, looked all ready to scold him in case he said something wrong.

Niyonika: You wouldn't stop calling for her, Manik. You cried. I panicked and ended up calling her!

Manik: Oh My God, Maa! You don't even realise what you have done.

Cabir: Mom was worried for you bhai and we know bhabhi, she will come back when she realise your condition.

Manik: And what about her, Cabir? What about her?

He asked, and nobody came ahead to answer him. They all looked at him confused. Manik shook his head in disbelief.

Manik: Maa, when I had clearly told everyone I would handle this my way then why did you call her.

Niyonika: But you-

Manik: No, Maa! You don't even realise it. Nandini is pregnant and we are not talking. You just called her and told her, her husband came home drunk. What do you think how would she take it?

Mukti: She would be guilty.

Manik: Ofcourse!

Navya: But she loves you bhai, she might come back as well.

Manik: No. She would blame herself now, Navya. She is going to think it was because of her. That's what you did Maa!

He turned to his mother who looked guilty now but Manik was too angry to give in to the fact.

Niyonika: What else do you expect me to do then Manik? I was scared! You were drunk and you wouldn't stop calling for her! And Aman told me about the fight I was terrified-

Raj: Fight?

Niyonika gasped, realising what she did while Manik only looked down at the mention of the fight.

Raj: You got into a fight?

Manik nodded, his jaw clenched and eyes fixed on the table. God! This was turning out to be more and more difficult. Fighting there didn't feel as embarrassing as it feels now, explaining it to his father.

Raj: at the bar?

Manik: He was talking shit, saying my wife doesn't care for me and that's why I went there to forget her! I punched him-

Navya: Nandini!

Manik looked at her abruptly along with the others. His eyes widened and he turned around instantly, shocked to see her standing there holding her baby bump.

Did she hear him?

Everything in her posture screamed yes and Manik cursed under his breathe.

She looked weak, as if few steps more and she would no longer be able to stand on her own feet. Manik wondered how was she even holding herself up like this strong woman. Their eyes met, Manik watched her lower her gaze to the floor. His chest tightened at the sight of her trembling figure.