The Escapist Con-Ending Ch.5 A Con's Redemption-

Title: The Escapist Con

Chapter 5: A Con's Redemption 

Inspirations: Stories/ Endings 

Art/Music: Are for fans 

Comments: Are reveling in themselves. 

He looks away than with a disregarding sneer he stares at Dante instead of at me. He’s clearly in denial as I stand before him only with the truth. I am getting out of here no matter what. Dante scoff’s at the pretty boy clasping my hand. Jude flinches away almost hurt that I could ever be with someone else aside from him. He storms over to the suitcase I throw and brings it back opening it violently. 

I knee down beside him. Frustrated that he is acting like a compete baby and a fool. I grasp his hand but he swiftly shakes me off and finally get’s the old thing open. He grins almost crazily and pulls the money out. Ever so slowly his expression distraught and distant. 

“You’re a WHORE!” He suddenly angrily screams throwing the paper money at me. I laugh a little at his pettiness and stand up as he picks up handfuls and yells more obscenities at me. Tired of him and this place I pull away from his childish act. Dante nods away blowing on air. He  glances skyward I turn and try to get in my car. But Judas tugs me back with his iron grip on my hoodie. 

“What!?” I exclaim tired. 

“You cannot leave me! No one leaves Judas the third. I could, I can ruin you, and you’re little career, you’re suppose to stay with me like my family. You’re suppose to LOVE ME.. I gave you everything you could ever want.. Why aren’t you satisfied!?” He’s stammering nervously screeching at me. 

“Jude I am done playing house with you and your countless girlfriends. I don’t live in a fairytale like you obviously do. I live in reality with its hardships, and lessons. I could never truly be happy here. When I know I belong somewhere else. Now let me go..” 

I sign and  with a strong pull. I  cause Jude to fall on his own weight. As Dante and I drive off I give one glance back daring myself to care. But I don’t, seeing his two little helpers holding and caressing him like a child. As he boldly stares at the car pulling himself together and calling out for us to stop. His girlfriends collecting the discarded money. I am honestly surprised the two aren’t strippers. With their speed to cash and whatnot. 

“Hey are you okay..?” Dante whispers concerned in the blurring shadows of the passenger seat. His face hooded in the darkness. 

“I am fine Dante perfectly fine..” My voice is horse but strong as I look ahead. Stomping on the pedal. 

We don’t talk there’s just silence between us now. As I enter Dante’s neighborhood slowly backing into his driveway. The lights out at his little lonely home. I park the car and walk out holding the door open for Dante. He hesitates and I can tell the thoughts are whirling in his unruly curls. He puts his hands in his jean pockets relaxing. I look intently at him nervous of what he’s going to say. Somehow it suddenly matters to me that he cares. In a low husky voice he finally speaks. 

“Pepper, could you wait here for me. I mean if I could get enough money would you wait for me..?” He’s pleading with me. 

“No I couldn’t I have already decided I am leaving tonight.” I halfheartly reply. 

“I knew you would say no. Pepper you aren’t ever gonna change for no one and that’s what I like about you. You’re stubborn  but determined.” He retorts in a tired stern voice.