He gave us a slight wave before making his way to the cave. Arisu looked even more confused than before and didn't even make a fuss as I started to wrap the hammock around her in the same way Koenji did earlier.

"Honami? Did I miss something?"

"No, K-Kiyotaka was just saying how he makes a habit of kissing girls on the cheek without permission," Honami stammered out trying to take the spotlight off her.

It was getting darker and we needed to start moving. At least I wouldn't make this mistake again, I had to make sure that I was quick about moving between camps from now on. Even though we were lucky that it was a full moon and there was some light, this was cutting it close.

I didn't want to just send Honami back to the camp after she told Kanzaki she would go back when she pleases. She could stay with us as long as she wanted, if that meant til morning then we'd find space for her. I doubted that Koenji would have a problem with it.

With Arisu secure, I grabbed Honami's hand so that I could lead us through the path back to the camp. I realized I made a mistake, I was concentrating on what I was doing and forgot the conversation that was going on prior while I was busy securing Arisu.

Arisu never missed an opportunity to put the knife into my back and seemed to notice what was happening. If she wasn't on my back I would be able to see it, instead I could just feel the smugness rolling off her in waves.

"Is that right, Kiyotaka? How interesting. Kissing Ichinose-san, holding her hand and calling her Honami all in one night. Should I ask you to take me back to the ship so the two of you can share our tent instead?"

At the teasing, Honami's hand gripped mine a little tighter and I knew she went rigid. I wasn't sure if it was just because of the teasing, maybe a mental image of the two of us in a tent. Regardless, I knew that if I didn't give a reaction then Arisu would stop. I forgot that Honami wasn't aware of this.

"S-share a tent?"

"It was on the cheek, you're reading far too many romance novels." I cut in quickly

"Well, it is romantic is it not? The three of us, on a deserted island walking back to camp in the full moon. We're like one big happy family,"

"And you're the child being carried arou-'' I felt a hand start pulling my hair and another tugging my ear. Should have put her back to back again.

"Sakayanagi-san, are you okay? It looks uncomfortable being tied up like that," Honami asked worriedly.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's far more comfortable than it looks," Arisu assured her. "At first I was embarrassed but I've grown fond of it. It's like Kiyotaka is my horse or donkey or the like."

Apparently Arisu was done with the teasing now, Honami filled her in on what had happened on the way to go pick her up. She apologized for delaying me and making her wait but Arisu seemed to be in thought. She noticed exactly what I had and I was grateful that she ended up staying silent.

I thought very highly of Honami, she was competent and capable but a little naive. It's sad but kind hearted people are easily taken advantage of, especially one as innocent as Honami. I would know, I've selfishly used her since I've met her. Not out of malice or ill-will but it would be a lie to say that I haven't.

I don't think there is anyone in the school that I could have chosen that would have gone through what I've put Honami through. It wasn't easy to work in the Student Council, it was even more difficult to do two people's roles. Even if it was a low representative level there was a fair amount involved. There was more with secretary and vice president duties, it was no small feat.