Meanwhile, you were staring at the medusa. Senku noticed.
"What is it?"
"I'm just trying to see if what just happened could fit my evil AI theory." you said, not looking away.
Seeing you this focused, he huffed a smile.
"Like, think about it." you went closer to him and leaned to the side, your heads touching now, which he let happen. "Between before and now, the one difference with the medusa was that there were no more air. It has to have something to do with it." you spoke quietly, still not looking away.
Senku's smile faded, he took the medusa and you both closely looked at it. Although you were smart enough to come up with all the pieces, you still couldn't quite put them together. And with such a mystery, not even Senku could. But he could also have theories...

"In the wake of this little attack, who knows what could hit us next!" Kohaku exclaimed, snapping you out of your thoughts (not Senku though). "We gotta take the fight to Why-man hard and fast!"
"Y-yeah!" Chrome smiled, though he was sweating. "But, I mean, how do we know where on the Moon we gotta hit? The exact location seems like a key detail!"
"That is indeed our starting point." Ryusui said. "We must nail down the exact location."
With that in mind, you all went on the ship's deck to check out the Moon and get some fresh air, after what happened, you surely needed some.
"Can't just pick a spot and start searchin' once you're there I suppose." Kaseki said as you and him looked up at the Moon.
"That'd be a hopeless task," Senku said. "the Moon's diameter is over a quarter of the Earth."
"And it's not like we can see Why-man from here." you sighed.
"In any case, the situation's changed, and we're sorely lacking data. I'd love to start experimenting on the medusa to reproduce that result. But at the same time..."
"Too risky, right?" Ukyo said. "Better remove the battery for now. Just to be sure."

While him and Kaseki left with the Medusa, Gen approached Yo.
"Ahem, Yo-chan~." he smiled. "While you were bringing it to us from the U.S.. Did you happen to meddle with the medusa?"
You heard that and looked at the suspect with an unblinking stare. He gulped.
"Like I keep saying, I didn't do a thing! Besides, Ukyo was holding it the whole time!"
"And how would that change anything exactly?" you asked Gen.
But just as you did, you came up with the answer. Your eyes widen.
"Are you suggesting this was like...preliminary?"
Chelsea gasped.
"I get it! Maybe someone with the medusa said 'three months twenty meters' or whatever! Yikes, it's the perfect crime! You're a true detective Gen!"
"But who would do such a thing?" Senku asked.
"Right? Besides, we're all besties now."
"Senku would." you pointed at him.
"Wha-what?!?!?!" Gen and Chelsea exclaimed.

"Kukuku~! No hesitation huh?" he smirked. "And why makes you think that?"
"To test it of course." you shrugged as you casually justified accusing your boyfriend. "See how far ahead one can schedule the medusa's petrification."
His smile grew a tad larger as his eyes wandered a bit.
"It would be a pretty sick twist." he sighed, his hands on his hims. "But nah, I didn't do it."
"Well then I got nothing." you sighed too. "Sorry I accused you."
"I would've been offended if you didn't, honestly. As long as we can't study what actually happened, we gotta consider every possibility." he paused. "For now, the medusa will be monitored at all hours under total lockdown, where nobody can possibly access it."
"And...how do we do that?" Gen asked.
Senku just smiled.
"Oh boy." you said, smiling as well. "I guess we're gonna have to find out."
"Kukuku~!"

.
The next day, you all took a ship and went South, to Kagoshima. It was mining time and you were hyped for it. You haven't gone cave-exploring in a while!
"These mines are full of selenium-bearing silver ore!" Senku said as he looked at one of those rocks with the upmost adoration.
"Maybe some day he'll look at you like that." Gen whispered to you before giggling.
"That's never going to happen." you smiled. "Let's be realistic here, come on."
"We've also prepped some elements from our natural treasure chest, the skarn. Arsenic, and tellurium!"
"Wait," you frowned. "arsenic's poison isn't it?"
"They're all poison!" he looked at you with a big smile, his cheeks dusted with pink.
"What deadly forces are we meddling with?!" Gen panicked.
"In this stone world, what deadly forces *aren't* we meddling with?!" you nudged him, laughing.