He seemed to know what I wanted and started to talk less and we both sat there in silence until I finally saw the train I was supposed to get finally came.

Now I can escape this hell hole and leave this man forever. Hopefully God can conquer this useless man like how my previous happiness vanished. When the door of the train opened, I quickly got up and raced inside but stopped mid way in my tracks when I heard the jingling of keys fall onto the ground. Each beat of my heart in fear of being with him quickens but I got the courage and ran back and grabbed my keys from the floor then dashed inside before the door slid closed.

I looked at him through the window as the train started to move, he stood there with an amused look as I glanced away from him until his figure disappeared in the corner of my eyes. I clasped my palms together until I felt something missing, when I gazed down at my fingers I realized my ring that my dad had bought for me was gone!

That diamond ring cost like 500$ dollars and I dropped it somewhere. I dug my left hand inside my coat pocket, the last of hope disappears when my hand was feeling nothing but emptiness and it was stupid for me to let the ring go in my pocket. Disappointment was the only thing I could feel right now, if only I brought my gloves with me and had my ring on my finger: none of this would occur in the first place.

The door slid open and this wasn't my stop so I didn't get off. The ride towards home continued as I kept daydreaming, wondering how my brother back at home was doing; I wish I could leave this world immediately without doing anything. The next stop finally arrived and I got off and kept on walking until I walked the steps to the outside world after everything I went through in the train station.

The journey to my home wasn't over, I had to take one bus in order for me to get home. It is frustrating for me that my hometown has to be so far away. I sat down on the seat while there were some people here and some with their kids, and all of them were waiting for the bus to come. I felt something rubbing against my bare ankle. I could feel its fur until I looked down, seeing a pretty brown cat staring up at me with those bright azure eyes. After a few minutes of our staring contest the bus came which caught my attention and got up.

I once again swiped my metro card after taking it out of my wallet and saw many empty seats and I took one near the window where I can see everything on the outside of the quiet night.

The bus went on driving as I closed my eyes, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere until I felt the same sensation on my ankle. Those soft fur and that same cat, maybe it wants food from me? I opened my eyes and gazed down at the small furry creature with a blank look. At this point I'm not gonna even ask how the cat got in here, I guess cats have their ways of sneaking in.

When I reached my destination I got off the bus as the cat sneakily got out with me, not being seen by anyone.

Once it was me and the cat alone together, the most strange thing had happened. The cat had spoken to me.

"Such a new soul aren't you?" The brown cat spoke in a very deep voice then sat down on his bum and licked the back of his paw before looking up back at me.

Silence fell between us as the cold air hit the two of us. The moon was up, shining brightly as ever. Until I started speaking.

"You-you can talk?!" I exclaimed, stunned as I looked with big eyes at the cat. It had got up and started to walk away, I trailed behind the creature, wanting answers from him.

We stopped in front of an animal supplies store, I glanced down back at him. His eyes peering at me and said,

"I would love to eat one of those canned foods."

"Oh I see um ok." After that I went inside while holding onto those questions. As I was in the canned food section when I felt someone diligently tapped on my shoulder which caused me to turn around.

And I saw him...Again. It was Chrollo smiling at me as I stepped back in shock, my back hitting against the canned food.

He lifted both of his hands in surrender to show me that he meant no harm when he took a step back away from me. His dark eyes show nothing but sincere.

"W-what are you doing here? And how did you know I was in here?" I threw questions at him while glaring at him as he stared at me with a calm expression on his face.

"Well, I happened to see you when I was just passing by. And I came just to give you back your ring." He answered, reaching into the pocket of his black pants and took out the 500 dollar diamond ring.

He lifted his pale like hand towards me with the ring on his palm. I hesitated but quickly grabbed it,

"Thank you." I mumbled, taking a random canned cat food and walked away from him.

"Y/n I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and show me around the art gallery because I didn't see that much. I have a busy schedule so I wanted to spend my free time with someone besides my friends."

I allowed my head to process what he just said. This is the first time a man asked me to hang out with him.