𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝟷𝟺

Start from the beginning

"Somebody really dear to me, I guess you can say!" She confessed.

"Even more so than Shinichi?"

"Don't be silly! I can't compare the two! Say, can't you go home now?"

"I suddenly don't feel like going home…"

"I know! You like cake, don't you? I'll go buy you some now, so be a good boy and take them home!" She then went through the doorway. "Sorry, I'll be right back!" She informed the waitress.

"Sure!" The waitress bowed respectfully.

It's pointless, Ran. With my powers of perception and deduction, I'll figure out exactly who it is you're meeting and get a good look at 'em! He..he..he 'Cuz there's always only one truth!

"Welcome!" The waitress greet.

Oh it's just a woman.

"Are you here by yourself? If so, then please sit- Miss!" The woman ignored the waitress calls.

"Coffee." The woman said bluntly.

"Huh?"

"Haven't you heard of coffee?! Go get me some!" She shouted at the poor waitress.

Talk about a bad attitude! Oh? She's fixated on her watch. Could it be her?... Yeah, right. After all… 'someone really dear to me!'...so I doubt it

"Welcome! Are you here by yourself? If so," The waitress greeted another customer, this time male.

"I, uh, have a paper I have to write... I'd like a quiet seat if possible…" He said, rubbing his neck nervously.

A college student… I don't think it's him, either...

"Café au lait, please…" The male ordered.

Nobody would write a paper in front of a person they're meeting… huh? Another male.

"Welcome! Are you here alone? If so-"

"I was told to meet someone here… but I see she's yet to be here." The male-

M/n?! H-He couldn't be?! Is he the one who Ran holds dear to?!

"F/d if you would, thank you."

"Right away sir."

No, he couldn't be the one Ran was waiting for… at least I hope not...huh? A lady this time...

"Welcome!"

"I'm meeting someone, but they don't seem to be here yet…" They walked to the table in front of mine. I peek over to the other seat.

"May I get you something?"

"I guess I'll have some coffee."

Man, she's pretty! Hmm? A law office? Is she an attorney? Ran wouldn't be meeting a lawyer. Huh?! Yikes I got her mad! 

Eh? Mad? All I did was look at her… The college student went to the bathroom.

"Hey there!" A man barged in loudly

"Oh! What happened to your finger?" The bartender spoked.

"Sprained it during rugby practice. Can't even fit my wedding ring on it now!" He said just as loudly.

No! It's not him! It's unlikely that someone who's going to meet someone else would go straight to the counter without looking around first.

"Oh? Did you cut your hair?" The bartender asked.