| xviii ; conflicting devils

Start from the beginning

Starting with something small, Y/N focused on her fingertips. If she could move even one of them by a millimetre, she would be elated.

At her first attempt, Y/N was able to move her fingertips, much to her surprise. Though, she regretted it merely seconds later as pins and needles formed in her fingers quickly. She wanted to give up, but she knew she had to push through to at least give Yuta some sort of sign that she was conscious.

Focusing and putting more will into the second attempt, she managed to move her entire hand by a little.

Yuta's hand stopped and his breath stilled against the top of her head. "Y/N?" His voice called, full of restrained hope.

Next, she managed to move her lips, mouthing part of his name. Yuta shifted immediately, drawing back until an opening formed between their chests.

"Y/N?" Yuta called out once more as his hand left her back and reached up to rest against her cheek. "Have you come back to me, my angel?"

I was never gone, Yuta, was what she wanted to say. She wanted to open her eyes then with how desperate he sounded.

"It's okay," Yuta spoke after a few seconds. His thumb dragged over the line of her jaw, "I'll wait for you. But please don't take too long. I miss you."

Pressure clamped down onto her chest as she thought, I miss you too, Yuta. I want to see you, but I can't. I want to feel you, but I can't.

"It's okay," He muttered. "It'll be okay."

No, it's not okay! Y/N yelled in her head. Damn it, you stupid body! Wake up! Open your eyes!

The burst of anger fuelled Y/N's determination, and when she took her next breath, she could feel something different. It was stronger, deeper.

And with that, her eyes finally opened. She was finally face-to-face with Yuta.

His eyes were closed, as if he was preventing himself from shedding anymore tears.

Y/N could only stare at him as her body and consciousness seized. She was adorning every single detail there was on his face, as if she was seeing him for the first time.

His beautiful raven locks, disheveled. The dark circles around his eyes which showed the little sleep he managed to get.

"Yuta," Y/N called after forcing her lips to move.

His eyes flew open and his thumb stilled against her chin. He glanced all over her face, still unsure of whether this was an illusion. "Y/N?"

She never broke her gaze away from him. His midnight blue eyes that seemed dull, suddenly sparkled once again. She took a deep breath, telling him of what he needed to know, "I'm always here."

He finally moved. His lips quivered as his eyes began shining with tears, letting it cascade down his face. "I waited for so long. I missed you...! I really did."

"I'm sorry," Y/N muttered. "I had no intention of being out that long. How long was I out?"

"A week," Yuta answered, shocking her. "You've been gone for a whole week."