Chapter 13

Amy rolled out of her bed and slumped her way to the kitchen in her pajamas. She couldn't sleep well. The doctor had left her in charge while he went to his lair near Station Square, but it was so quiet. She was worried about something going wrong, so occasionally she got up to check on Metal Sonic.

He was charging at his usual station, so Amy ignored him and continued on her path to the refrigerator. She opened it, pulled out a bottle of water, and yanked before taking a sip. Then she placed the bottle on a nearby counter and sauntered back toward her bedroom.

She stopped at the door when she had this strange sense bothering her. She couldn't get over the feeling that someone was outside. "I... I should probably check the cameras just to make sure."

Amy walked over to Eggman's lab and hopped in the chair in front of the big computer screen. She typed in the password to get in and pulled up the camera footage of the front door.

She froze when she saw Sonic and his friends standing there, all speaking to each other and studying the area.

"Oh no! I can't let them get in!" Amy began typing rapidly on the keyboard. "Or maybe I can, but I can keep them trapped here until Eggman sends the Eggcarrier. Then I'll have to take Metal Sonic and escape." Amy bit her lip nervously.

Amy decided to activate the hidden traps. She continued typing persistently. On the camera, a large mechanical arm snagged Tails by his tails and snatched him up. The platform beneath Knuckles's feet swung open, and he fell into the hole.

Sonic on the other hand was a little more difficult. Amy pressed the space bar on the keyboard and an electromagnetic capsule swung up and engulfed Sonic's body. The capsule would hold him in place. Amy smirked and pressed another button, one that would transport all her captives to the basement.

She signed off the computer and yawned and headed back to her room casually. But before she reached, the building shook violently. Suddenly, the ground behind her burst open, and Sonic spin dashed upward. Sonic landed beside her swiftly and gazed at her with a smirk.

"Hey, Amy, what's up?"

"Y-you? How did you get out!?"

"You should know that Eggman's traps don't hold me for long." He stood up and brushed his arms off. "Yeesh! Who built this place? The decorations are horrid."

Amy summoned her hammer and narrowed her eyes at him. "You made a stupid mistake. Your friends are trapped! You have no one to help you."

"They'll be fine." Sonic shrugged. "They're a lot smarter than you give them credit for."

"AGH!" Amy swung at him, and he hopped out of the way. He continued dodging her and glanced around curiously.

"Ey, where's Egghead? Is he asleep or something?"

"Shut up!" Amy snapped. "His whereabouts are none of your business. I'm in charge for today."

"You're in charge?" Sonic snorted. "Wow, you're really bad at your job. By the way, where's the emerald? I know you're keeping it here somewhere."

"You'll never find it—AH!" She squeaked when she felt her body get thrown to the ground. Amy's hammer flew aside as Knuckles grabbed her arms and held them behind her back.

"Got you! You'd better have one heck of an explanation! Where's Eggman? Where's the master emerald!?" Knuckles snarled.

"Geez Knuckles, couldn't have made a softer entrance?" Sonic rolled his eyes.

"You're hurting me!" Amy whined.

"Did I complain when you hit me with that stupid hammer?"

"Knuckles, she still has a sprained foot!" Tails flew in and landed beside everyone. "Go easy on her!"