30: Here, We Part Ways

Start from the beginning

"Unfortunately my friends. This is where we part ways. If you choose to join me, you'd also be choosing life on the run," Bruno looks at you, you sighed quietly because of the tension surrounding the group.

"W-what are you saying?" Mista asked with a shakey breath, "Y-yeah you're not making any sense, I-I don't think I heard you right." Narancia agrees, he was confused. Their face showed pure disbelief and confusion, even anger from Fugo.

"Yes you did, he said he's betraying the boss, Our Boss. B-but—but why?" Fugo stutters, for the first time he wasn't sure what to say.

"For your safety. Let's end the conversation here, All I can say is this is my choice." Bruno responds to the team.

"No, you should elaborate, some of them would want to join us if they hear you out. And besides, we'll need help." Giorno argues, he looks at you and Bruno, You refused to talk for now. Bruno was hesitant to talk but before he could decide Abbacchio grabs Giorno's collar and his eyes darken.

"You're a piece of work, Giorno you know that?! First you stormed the tower like you own the place and now you–" Abbacchio paused as he noticed Bucciarati on his knees and holding the side of his head as if it was hurting.

"B-bruno!? Hey what's the matter? I thought I healed you completely." You went beside him helping him. You placed your hand behind him, caressing his back as you help him stand straight. "Bucciarati, how can I help you?" Abbacchio already let Giorno go, he immediately went the other side of Bruno.

"Don't mind me. I'm fine. The blood loss made me a little dizzy that's all." Yours and Giorno's eyes met, That doesn't make sense, I've replaced all the blood he lost. You thought to yourself. What could you have missed? This was the first time your ability is being strange, this never happened before, usually when you kiss someone they're all healed up.

"I'm just fatigued from this whole ordeal. that's all." Giorno's eyes widen as his face shines from sweat when he noticed Bucciarati's palm was pierced by a sharp metal on the ground, Why didn't he feel that? And for that matter, why isn't he bleeding? What's going on. Giorno thought to himself. You didn't notice this since you were busy thinking to yourself why your ability was defecting.

"You had me worried there," Mista said, sweat visible on his skin. "Yeah no kidding." Abbacchio agrees eyeing bucciarati.

"P-please don't do this! Don't go," Fugo pleads, "Bucciarati, we deserve an explanation." Bucciarati looks behind him, eyeing Trish's unconscious form, he hesitates at first but spoke,

"Fine. The Boss only had us protect his daughter so he'd be sure he could kill her himself. Due to their connections, she has insight to his identity, once i learned the truth, I... I know he couldn't be forgiven. I had to betray him!"

Fugo was still in disbelief, betrayal makes him uneasy specially when it's betraying the boss. "I cant believe this!" Fugo said,

"Have you lost it, Bucciarati?" Mista added. Narancia was just quiet as you but his face was showing fear.

"I haven't thought that I have to remind you of this, but you do know what the Boss do to traitors. He punishes them without exception. And for all we know, his guards could have this city in a lock down!" Abbacchio yells in frustration.

You sighed quietly, this is it. Your officially a traitor. You've been wanting to do this, you've worked hard to reach this.

"Yes. Which is why I am going to need your help." Bucciarati states and glanced at your quiet form. You understood it. "If you wish to join this operation, then descend the stairs and get on the boat. Let me be clear, this is not an order, but an invitation. This decision is entirely yours to make. I understand where I'm getting myself into And you're under no obligation to follow me. Believe me, I understand how you are feeling right now, but my actions are right and just, I have no regrets." His words made you gulp, he truly is a man of determination, you know he wasn't just spitting words, it was genuine.