Chapter 8: It Would Rain

The next day, Pepa visited Bruno's room.

"Hey, Bruno. Are you all right?," Pepa asked her brother.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm all right.," Bruno answered.

Pepa noticed that her brother was sad.

"Say, it's about Mirabel, right?"

"You might say to Abuela about this, sis, but yes, I dreamed about her last night.," Bruno answered.

"It's like Abuela two nights ago.," Pepa realized. "Looks like she's going to visit us one by one, just like mama said.," she added.

"She really missed us, aren't we?," Bruno asked.

Pepa promted Bruno to visit Mirabel's grave, and he agreed.

"Say, looks like you really missed us.," Pepa stated. "It would really sunny for all of us. But right now, it's raining in the familia because of the aftermath.," she added.

Bruno noticed that Pepa's emotions caused a big rain.

A couple minutes later, Isabella visited and noticed Bruno and Pepa in her sister's grave. When she noticed the rain, she approched the two.

"Tía, are you ok?," Isa asked Pepa.

"She's ok, mija. She's just crying because she misses your sister just like all of us.," Bruno explained.

Isa looked at Mirabel's grave, and as usual, she has created flowers for it.

"Yeah, we all missed Mirabel.," Isa stated. "We should get back, tía. Tío Felix might be worried about you.," she favored Pepa and Bruno to return.

Back at the Casita, Felix noticed Isa, Bruno and Pepa returning.

"Mi amor, why are you sad?," Felix asked Pepa.

"Well, we visited Mirabel, and she was emotionally crying.," Bruno explained. "And she really, really made a hard rain.," Isa added from Bruno's explaination.

"I just hope that Mirabel is happy with Abuelo after this.," Felix said.

"Yeah, all three of us really wanted her to live with us.," Pepa said. "But look at the bright side, the Casita reminisent of her.," she added.

Later that day, Felix and Pepa are now sleepimg in the latter Madrigal's room.

"Good night, mi amor."

"You too, mi amor."

Minutes later, and both of them slept confortably. Suddenly, Mirabel's soul arrived at Pepa's room.

"Tío, tía.," her soft voice exclaimed.

Suddenly, Felix woke up.

"Mirabel?," Felix asked. Mirabel laugh it off.

"It's me, tío. Don't worry.," Mirabel said.

Felix hugged the departed Madrigal like he missed her so much, like what Abuela did two nights ago. After hugging, Mirabel prompted her tía to wake up.

"Mirabel? Is this a dream?," Pepa asked. ", tía. It is a dream.," Mirabel answered.

Pepa hugged Mirabel. Suddenly, a droplet of rain went through her room. The rain has started, with a bit of cold wind.

"Thank goodness you're here, mija.," Pepa said as she breaks free from hugging.

"I'm glad that you two came for this.," Mirabel said.

"We are.," Felix said. "Abuela and Bruno noticed you've visited them, and both of them missed you so much. And just like them, Pepa and I missed you so much.," he added.

"I missed two as well, like I missed the familia so much.," Mirabel said. "Having all of you being happy makes me happy with Abuelo.," she added.

"Yeah.," Pepa sobbingly said.

"What's wrong, tía?"

"Well, your tío Bruno, Isa and myself visited you earlier.," Pepa said. "And I just noticed that rain cloud was the same as earlier.," she explained.

"It's ok, tía.," Mirabel said. "Look, it's sad that I departed, but don't be like that. Just remember, be happy that I lived with you.," her soft voice explained.

"I just wish you would said that to Tonio and to your mama about that, Mirabel.," Felix said.

"I might be.," Mirabel said. " Besides, I know my mama that she missed me so much. So does Tonio.," she added.

"Well, you're going to visit Tonio, right?," Pepa asked.

"I am."

"Well, the you really need to explain to him about this.," Felix said.

"It's ok, mi amor. It's ok about it.," Pepa calms Felix down.

"Well, we're gonna miss you, mija.," Pepa said. "I just wish you can stay longer.," she added.

Both Felix and Pepa hugged Mirabel as close as they can, and the rain cloud goes away and it was back to normal, like the sunny skies.

"Well, I should say goodbye.," Mirabel's soft voice exclaimed.

"Goodbye, mija."

"Goodbye."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 709 (Published: 08/28/22)

A/N: Ignore the fact that the song is different from the chapter name.