Inside, she saw Ara on the couch, fresh out of the bathroom. She was dressed in a white tank top and black shorts and she was seated on the couch, towel drying her hair while watching the news. She only acknowledged Elizabeth when she heard the door click when it closed.

"There you are!" Ara grinned with delight, her smile faltered when she saw the frown Elizabeth had on her face as she walked past. Seeing her sister like this broke her heart into a million pieces. Ever since she came back home, she tried to divert her little sister from anything that would remind her of the jerk next door.

"Oh, love." she sighed when she rose from the couch. She walked over to Elizabeth, giving her a hug from behind. Elizabeth looked down from over her shoulder, seeing a best of brown hair resting against her shoulder blades. "Are you still sad over that date?"

Elizabeth knitted her eyebrows together, she popped a cookie in her mouth. "I'm not sad. I'm just...worried for him."

"Worried? For a jerk who stood you up?" Arabella stepped back from her sister, shooting her an incredulous gaze as she did. "Why the hell would you be worried for him?"

"He's been missing for over two days, Ara. I don't care if about the bloody date. All I want to know is if he's okay." Elizabeth almost screamed if she hadn't collected herself right before she spoke. she gripped the kitchen counter tightly, her knuckles turning white.

Ara placed a reassuring hand over Elizabeth's shoulder, squeezing it. Elizabeth reached up and touched her hand but she couldn't help but notice the black tattoo she had on her hand.

"Does Dad know about that?" Elizabeth asked as she removed Ara's hand from her shoulder so that she gets a good look at it.

"No," Ara said with a sheepish grin on her features.

Elizabeth shot her head up, gazing at her sister with disbelief. "You didn't tell him?"

"I can't tell him that. He'd be worried," she explained softly, pulling her arm away from Elizabeth's grasp. She cast her gaze towards it with a sympathetic look. "Besides, it's for the best you know."

"What do you mean?" She questioned her with her eyebrows knitted together.

"This way, we can punish those who hurt Dad and killed Mom."

Elizabeth's eyes grew wide. "Punish? How so?"

"Just like Harrow said, he was going to create on earth and how's he going to do that? Punish those who have committed crimes and those who haven't done it yet but will in the future."

"Sounds like the words of a man acting like a God."

"Oh, Arthur is just like a messenger, a prophet. You see, we serve Ammit. You know her from your books right?"

Elizabeth scrunched her eyebrows together as she tried to recall the name. When she did, her eyes danced with recognition. "I do."

"See? With our Goddess' help, she can punish the murderers who took our mother's life. With her help, no child shall ever suffer that fate we had." Ara was now looking at her, smiling widely.

Elizabeth didn't reply, bewildered by what her sister was talking about. She hadn't made it clear how they punish the bad people.

The silence in the flat was then cut off when a knock came from the door. The two sisters snapped their heads towards the door.

"Coming!" Elizabeth called out as she walked over to the door. She opened the door and the smile she was about to put up immediately dropped when her eyes fell upon the brown ones she had missed seeing for two days.