The Beginning

Everyone who had brain cells could see it. Sonic had a crush on someone. With the stares off into space where if you'd ask him what he was thinking about he'd blush and say 'oh nothing important'.

The signs were clear as day. Heck even the person Sonic's in love with knew Sonic was in love.

The only problem? No one knew who Sonic was in love with. And that was going to be his downfall.

~🌸~

It was sometime in spring when the first symptoms started to show. His friends had dragged him outside to hang with them, regardless of how much Sonic claimed his 'head was hurting'

"Aw, c'mon Sonic! This'll be fun!" Amy encouraged, Sonic groaned but Amy either didn't hear him or chose to ignore it, "Being able to enjoy the sunlight while surrounded by freshly grown flowers~" Amy swooned as Sonic rolled his eyes, he really didn't want to be here.

"Aw, cheer up Sonic," Tails said, walking over and patting Sonic, who was basically his big brother, on his back.

"Thanks, Tails," Sonic said in response, "though, Tails, I couldn't help but notice that my journal where I keep all my thoughts was misplaced." Sonic said, staring intensely at Tails. See Sonic knew that everyone else knew he was in love, and he also knew that everyone else wanted to know who had stolen his heart, (like he'd ever tell them though).

Tails gulped, "Sorry Sonic...I just figured if I knew who it was, I'd be able to help."

Sonic sighed, "look Tails, I know you're just trying to help, and I know that your heart is in the right place," Sonic paused, changing his voice to a more intimidating tone, "but dont you ever look through my stuff again, got it?"

"Yes sir!" Tails replied, trying his best not to look scared.

"Good, 'cause that's an invasion of privacy y'know?" Sonic sighed, "and look, if I want you guys to know who it is, I'll let you know, ok? Until then, please just drop the subject." Sonic finished.

Tails nodded and smiled, Sonic smiled back.

"Hey Guys" An all too familiar voice grabbed Sonic's attention, turning towards the source of the sound, a red echidna. Sonic felt warmth grow in his cheeks, but he managed to repress it, he'd gotten used to it by now.

"Oh hey Knuckles, wassup." Sonic said casually as if his heart wasn't beating crazy fast just being in the presence of him. "Haven't seen you in a hot second."

"Hi Knuckles!!" Tails greeted.

"Hello Sonic, Hello Tails," Knuckles responded. "It has been a while since we've seen each other. I heard you guys were hanging out and figured I'd drop by, "

"Coolio," Sonic replied, "and yeah, Amy dragged us out here ranting on and on about, 'oh the flowers are so pretty!' and whatnot."

"Are you not a fan of flowers, Sonic?" Knuckles questioned.

"Huh? Oh no, I love flowers, I guess I was just hoping to laze around at home today." he grinned and gave a soft laugh.

"I see," Knuckles paused, he was never too good at conversations. Though he noticed a patch of some of his favorite flowers off in the distance, "hey, look over there." knuckles pointed to where the flowers were as Sonic followed his hand.

"Ooooohh, pretty." Sonic replied.

"Those are my favorite flowers, and they smell amazing." Knuckles informed.

Sonic gasped, "Really? That's pretty cool." Sonic paused, "so you wanna go check em out or something?" he asked.

Knuckles nodded and that was enough for him.