Chapter 33 - The months are flying by, and who am I?

Start from the beginning

One evening when we were home alone I asked her, “Why do you go there if it bothers you so much?”

She smiled at me gently, “Charlie has been thrown into this supernatural realm. Renesmee does things that he can’t quite wrap his head around. You're there for the one’s you love, no matter the circumstances.”

I mulled it over realizing she had truly found happiness again and it was with Charlie.

I had finished up at work and closed up shop. I decided to head to Hunters house.I climbed out and felt a chill in the air. Typically as a wolf this wouldn’t have been noticed. I looked around before I headed inside. I’d be home for a little bit by myself until he came home. I decided to occupy myself with homework and worked quietly. The door opened as the clock read 7:30pm. He set his bag down, and hung up his jacket, then walked into the kitchen.

“Hey baby. Sorry I was so late today. Someone called out sick. I was thinking instead of cooking, we could order in, or go out. It’s up to you. There is an amazing sub shop down the street a ways.”

I closed my book, “Let’s go out then. I’m really in the mood for a steak and cheese with some french fries.”

Hunter laughed, “Well my hungry wolf. If you’re ready let’s go.” He smiled opening the door for me and we left.

We came home after dinner. I took off my hoodie hanging it up. I sat down on the couch, kicking my shoes off. Hunter joined me wrapping his arms around me, pulling me close to him. “I had a great time this evening. That was delicious. So how was class today?”

I shrugged, “It was class. Lots of notes. Tons of studying ahead.”

Hunter smiled and looked down at me. “I really am so glad I met you. I admire you. You’re everything I ever wanted in someone.” He kissed the top of my head.

“Well that’s why I think I imprinted on you hun.”

He laughed, “Oh my wolf girl. I do love you more than you’ll ever know.” I smiled and felt the butterflies in my stomach come to life.

The weekend passed, and it was back to school for us. Monday was like usual for me. Hunter, and I met up at lunch time. He had brought lunch for both of us. Turkey and cheese on whole wheat with mayo. He slid one across the table to me. I was unwrapping the sandwich, when our eyes met. “I have something I wanted to ask you, but I wasn’t sure how to ask.”

I looked at him raising an eyebrow, “Uh ok.” I set the sandwich down.

“So I wasn’t sure how to approach the question. I didn’t want to offend you at all.” I felt a little on edge of what he might ask. “What do you guys do for Thanksgiving? Do you celebrate it?”

I laughed out loud, causing others around us to look at me. Poor Hunter was turning red. “That was the question. Well we don’t do much. We have a small dinner or did. Usually afterwards sat around watching football. This year my mom was going to Charlie’s for the holiday. They were having a small gathering there."

Hunter nodded, “Oh ok. I wasn’t sure because of the whole thing in Plymouth.”

I nodded, “They use the day to remember their ancestors.”

Hunter smiled, “Well how would you feel about spending the holiday with my family, and I? It will be aunts, uncles, cousins, and a few kids.”

I smiled, “That sounds really nice. I would love to.”

He smiled appearing to have relaxed, “I can’t wait. It will be our first Thanksgiving together.”

I smiled, “The first of many to come.”