Chapter 33 - The months are flying by, and who am I?

The weeks passed, and Halloween was here. My mom had to hide the Halloween candy for trick or treaters from Seth. She had to replace her stock twice already. Charlie was over more often than before. He would go on and on about Renesemee. We were over the Cullen’s more frequently now. My mom usually accompanied Charlie. He was slowly adjusting to the world of “weird”. Jacob was always with the Cullen’s as well. He was still alpha to our pack. Or because it was no longer the three of us. Embry and Quil had joined us as well. I was promoted to second in command. I was frequenting the Cullen’s as well. It wasn’t my first choice but Jacob wasn’t leaving unless, it was an absolute emergency. I noticed school was appearing to take a back seat as well. 

Evening was approaching fast. I’d been home for about an hour from school.

“Leah, I made lasagna. When you’re ready to eat, help yourself hun. I’m going to Charlie’s for a bit. Please be safe.”

I rolled my eyes, “Sure. Dinner. Safe. Pass out candy. I think I can handle it.”

She smiled, “Alright. I’ll be home around midnight. Love you.” She kissed the top of my head and was out he door.

I had the house to myself. Seth had already taken off with his friends. Trick or treating was something he never missed. I curled up on the couch and dove into my homework. 

The night passed with kids ringing the bell. I finally was out of candy by about 8:30pm. I grabbed the remote flipping on the tv. There were the typical scary movies on. I stopped on Dracula with Bella Lugosi. I laughed at the cheesiness of the movie. I thought out loud,” If vampires really looked like that. Maybe people would be smart and stay away.” Seth had just walked in as I finished my thought.

“Leah, you’ve gotta give it to The Cullen’s. They blend in pretty well. They’re not making people into meals, like traditional vampires do.”

I looked at him raising an eyebrow, “How are we to know, they don’t secretly kill a human for a holiday meal?”

Seth shook his head, “For one their eyes would change color. Second you need to get out more often.” He flopped down beside me on the couch. The thunk as his pillowcase hit the coffee table, made me jump. “I hit the mother load this year.”

I looked at the bulging pillow case, “You’ll be trick or treating until you’re 30.”

Seth laughed, “Most likely.” 

The weeks continued to pass after Halloween. School was consuming most of my time. I worked a couple of days a week on campus. Three hours shifts weren't too to bad. If it was quiet, I did some studying. Luckily after classes on Friday, I stayed in Port Angeles until Monday. Commuting between La Push, and Port Angeles took a total of three hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. One way was an hour an half drive. It seemed like a lot, but I couldn’t give up on my education. I wanted to be a nurse. It was in my blood to help people. Sunday’s you could find Hunter and I hunched around the kitchen table, studying and doing homework. We balanced each other perfectly. Finally my crazy life, had some sense of normality. 

Back in La Push things had changed. There were changes amongst the packs for sure. Sam, and Jacob had come to an understanding. There was no longer any animosity. Quil and Embry had joined Jacob’s pack. I was now Jacob’s beta. I checked in with Jacob constantly. The only problem with it was, he was always at the Cullen's. I still was not comfortable going there. I knew he was there because of Renesmee. It just made everything so much more difficult. Seth had no issue’s with them. They were like his best friends. Now Charlie was over there a lot as well. Every time he went there, my mom tagged along. She stayed quiet the whole time. She never left his side.