Chapter 14: The CEO

Start from the beginning

If I wanted to see her I always go on youtube and watch her videos. I found out she pursued being an actress just like her Mom. She's more beautiful now, more irresistible.

I straightened up and type in her name on the searched box and tons of updates and news about her. The first thing that caught my eyes was her picture with a ring in her hand.

I clicked on the link and read it.

IS CARA NICOLE RIVAS ENGAGED?

One of our sources spotted Cara Nicole Rivas with a guy named Dr. Anthony Derrick Ackermann, a German doctor and who was here for a medical mission, according to our research team. The two met when Nicki went to volunteer in a charity mission where Dr. Derrick was one of the volunteer doctors, helping the sick people from the devastating typhoon, Yolanda.

The two look happy together in a cafe somewhere in Makati. She looks contented and happy while the guy himself was having a good time talking to the showbiz darling, Nicki Rivas.

And sorry to all the bachelors whose trying to hit the Elusive Princess of Philippine Network, because she looks like she's engaged. The big ring was proven she is!

Find out next who was the lucky guy... Is it Dr. Derrick Ackermann or the billionaire Michael Guttierez, whom we know she's been dating for a while...

NO!..... I mentally screamed as I look on the monitor screen with blazing anger as I clenched and unclenched my hand in fury.

It can't be! I waited and wasted so much time. It's time to claim what's mine. She can't be marrying that guy.

I snatched the phone from its hook and tap on the button that will direct to Alana's phone. She picked it up right away.

"Call Atty. Smith. I want to see him now and I need all the papers of the Rivas Hotel Chains. NOW!" I commanded gruffly.

"Err...Ye..s Sir!" she stuttered and I ended the call gripping the phone tightly and slammed it back on its receiver. I ran my fingers through my hair with frustrations, propping my elbows on the table.

The Rivas Hotel Chains had been bankrupt for three years. I bought it without the old Rivas knowledge, it was another Morrison who's going to own his precious Chains of Hotel. I have bought their house too from the bank who had been in collateral for long years.

He's been ill since the wife died nine years ago of cancer. One reason why I didn't bother to come and see her myself. I knew she was hurt and I already hurt him enough. It won't do good. It will just make the situation worst. And in addition to that, I had to finish my degree and ready myself for the big responsibility waiting for me, to be the next CMM's CEO.

Now it's time to see her. She has to agree with my terms or all of their assets will be liquidated.

*****

NIKKI POV

I was sitting in our verandah at the second floor, watching the busy street while sipping my coffee. It's been ten years since I left Spain. I heard nothing about Alexander and Intend not to know anything about him.

I missed my mom. The day I came back from Spain, I found out that mom was sick. She's been suffering for barely three years. Living under the comfort of chemotherapy.

Her health was deteriorating when I left the country and she hid it from me. Dad was with her all that time, that's why he's always on a business trip which means to check her. We lost everything to finance her medical expenses.

Our house here in Forbes was the only property I had saved the money I earned from acting and modeling. I had finished my degree in Nursing thinking to work as a nurse.