«17»

★★

Annika passed a fake smile towards one of her aunts as the elder ladies in her relatives surrounded her while she was getting ready.

It was her Mehendi ceremony and girlfriends were helping her to get done with her make-up and hair.

"Yaar, do fast na, bua and all will start again with their marriage guidances", Annika muttered looking at her friends who were controlling their laugh.

"It's good na, they're telling you how to please your husband and keep him happy", Gauri said teasing controlling her laugh earning a glare from Annika. Bhavya chuckled

"Ri, Bhavu, Annika is ready?", Khushi walked inside making Annika sigh in relief.

"Ye..yeah bhabhi! Let's go. I am completely ready", Annika said getting up immediately moving fingers inside her hair.

"Ohho..look at Annika's excitement for her mehendi", one of her aunt said making Annika mentally roll her eyes and looks at Khushi with pleading eyes to save her from their talks.

"These days kids are always eager about their wedding, didi. It was our time when we used to shy away even on the mention of marriage", her another aunt said chuckling.

"Bua, mumma are looking for you guys, she needs some help. Can you check on it? I will come along taking Annie", Khushi said bringing a smile on Annika's face.

The ladies nodded and went from there talking about their time and wedding in those days. Annika sighed slumping her shoulders and shook head.

"Thank god bhabhi, you came on time, they're going to make me mad in sometime", Annika said hugging her making Khushi chuckle and patted her back.

"Now let's go, if we'll take more time your mehendi will also take time to dry up, it's your sangeet tomorrow", Khushi said fixing her hair properly and smiled making Annika smile and nods.

"Khushi bhabhi, you came on wrong time, it was fun looking at Annie getting all frustrated", Bhavya commented getting a look from Annika and slap on arm. All of them chuckled looking at each other.

"Let's go now. Even Shivaay has reached, it's not good to make your groom wait so long Annie", Khushi teased making Annika look at her whining face.

"You all are so bad yaar! What's this groom, main jaa rahi hun", she muttered at end going out taking her phone making other three giggle and went behind her.

★★

The backyard was decorated with red and yellow roses along with marigolds. Stalls were arranged for snacks and drinks, there was area for photoshoot session. Plush cushioned sitting areas were made for ladies and specially, Annika for comfortable mehendi ceremony.