not the jealous type • park chaeyeoung

prompt: rosé keeps trying to tell herself she wasn't the jealous type full credit to bpwritings on tumblr

pairing: park chaeyoung x gn reader.

genre: angst(?) and fluff

word count: 1547

Rosé prided herself in being levelheaded and not of the jealous kind when it came to you. I mean, not really. You did. It started with your coworker, Tzuyu, who had taken quite a liking towards you in the beginning of last year which coincidentally was around the time you and Rosé started seeing each other. You weren't tooting your own horn. Tzuyu really did fancy you. She said so herself, albeit drunkenly, during a late-night drinking session with your officemates, coincidentally again two nights after you made it official with Rosé.

Rosé wasn't stupid nor was she blind. She knew the first time she saw Tzuyu that the girl was practically head over heels for you, but it was two weeks in into a blossoming potential relationship when she realized and the last thing she wanted was to scare you off by being a possessive not-yet-girlfriend. So, she tucked that little piece of observation for next time and focused on you instead.

When she came over two nights after you finally asked her to be her girlfriend, you broke the news. The first thing on Rosé's mind was, I knew it! which immediately turned to, I swear if she tries anything, I will not hesitate to break her bones and rui-

"Rosie?" you questioned, breaking her out of her jealousy induced trance. You were tilting your head in that cute little way that you always do when you were feeling uncertain and she felt the fires of jealousy and annoyance in her body simmering down. "Your forehead is all scrunched up and you are pouting. Are you bothered by it? I'll stay away from her if you feel uncomfortable."

For the past few months, Rosé realized that she has never acted out on her jealousy, choosing to bottle it up. It worked out just fine and she avoided fights and confrontations that would've came with it. So obviously, it worked out just fine. At least thats what she was trying to convince herself. Why should she start acting on it now? She trusted you and that was what matters.

Rosé quickly composed herself and mustered up the most genuine smile she could in the moment, "Me? Bothered by her? Baby, not in a million years!" she scoffed, puffing out her chest. "You see, I'm really not the jealous type and I trust you."

For a moment, she thought you saw right through her façade. With the way that you stared up at her all confused, she thought the words 'I am actually seething with anger and jealousy right now' magically made its way to her forehead. Instead, you broke out into that cute smile of yours and leaned forward to press a lingering kiss on her temple.

"If you say so, angel."

In the next few months that followed, Rosé wasn't sure her resolve was as strong as she thought it was. After that night, you and Tzuyu called a truce. You informed Tzuyu that you were happily in a relationship but you would like for things not to get awkward and for you and her to stay friends. Tzuyu obviously loved the idea, thinking that if she couldn't have you as a partner, she could at least keep you in her life as a friend.

So, if friendship was the agreement, why was it that Tzuyu jumped at every opportunity to make a move on you? All the while, Rosé had to act like the model girlfriend who never got jealous and stayed calm and collected. Why did she have to brag about not being the jealous type?

"Wow, you're so chill about this," you would always say. Rosé wanted to laugh. She deserved at least an Oscar nomination.

"Y/N, your phone has been buzzing nonstop!" Rosé groaned, pulling away from your lips, annoyed that she had to stop making out with you. "Who the fuck would text at 2 fucking am. Unbelie-" she narrowed her eyes at the contact name of the culprit and removed herself from your lap.