Chapter 3: 🌷The Day of Many Mishaps & Regrets

Originally Posted on December 19, 2021

DISCLAIMER: I do not grant anyone the permission to use any part of my story in their own fics. Do not take things from my story for your own fanfic. Do not take parts of my story for your own works. I write for the sake of fun. That is plagiarism.

Like many days gone wrong, it started off well enough

Waking up with that terrible feeling in her stomach never led to anything good. That much was fact at this point. Despite last night's panic about the very real changes in her life, there was nothing Soni could do about it. Even if her attempts to get home were firmly set in the realm of impossibility, that didn't mean they couldn't branch out into other zones of theories and discover new ways to transport her home. If new Pokémon could be classified into new types and regional variants every few years, then magic could do the same thing.

After all, it was magic. If it could create fire from nothing, summon students through coffins, and have established schools for it, then that shouldn't be too much of a stretch, would it?

The ghosts from the previous night woke Soni and her newly acquired partner, Grim, hovering over their bed with giant grins on their faces. Seeing them in the sunlight, the ghosts had similar visuals to the old-fashioned cartoons she watched on the Poketoons Channel [1] as a child.

"Make sure to get dressed, kiddo! Breakfast's coming up, fresh and hot!" They floated out of her room with their chuckles disappearing in the breeze.

After washing her face, courtesy of Mila's Scald & Ice Beam combo, she sifted through all her clothes in her bag before deciding on a blue long-sleeved turtleneck and a pair of black jeans. Being one of the few professional-looking items in her bag, she fixed her hair up into a ponytail before hiding the blue branches on her forearm under elbow-length gloves.

A bit overkill, but if she had to do that, then it was worth the extra effort, especially since that feeling from yesterday never went away-

"Human, are you done? The ghosts are calling us! I can smell the food~!"

This isn't the time to get caught up in my thoughts. Just get through the day first. Shaking her head, she shouted back, "I'm finishing up, Grim!"

One last check and she made her way down into the kitchen where a mishmash of foods lined the table. Stir-fried wild veggies, fried eggs and bread, and the leftovers from the other night made up their breakfast. After taking her seat, she asked the ghosts who floated around her, "What are your names, by the way?"

"The name's Jasper," the tallest of the bunch tipped his hat at her. "A pleasure to meet ya!"

"Grubb's my name, little Miss," the largest one of the trio handed her some of the leftover soup from the other night. "Make sure to fill up on something warm for the day! Even though September just started, it can get pretty chilly around these parts in the north!"