Prologue

The opportunity for life to get taken to a new level. The opportunity to get something back that was taken from you a long time ago. Maya Hart had the opportunity to finally get the life that she had wanted for years without anything standing in her way. But yet, she didn't truly know if her life would ever be the way that she wanted it to be.

Maya Hart was the young girl who could never decide what she had wanted in life. The girl who would give up everything in her life to be reunited with her father again. The girl who would give everything to be with the boy who she had loved more than life. But when it came to her and her mother, things always went bad.

Maya and Katy has always had the most complicated relationship that Maya could think of. She had often looked at Topanga and Riley who had a perfect mother-daughter relationship. They were everything what Maya wanted with her own mother. But then again, it always came that Katy had turned Maya's words around on her. And she wanted it to stop. Although she knew that she would have to give up a lot in her life.

Maya had looked at the situation that stood in front of her. Her bags were packed. She was ready to start the new stage of her life, and she was ready to leave everything else behind her. Yet she wished that the decision wasn't hers to make. She had grabbed her suitcase and put it in her car, closing the bonnet, as she saw how Katy came out of the apartment. Her eyes said exactly what she was thinking, although Maya has known what is on her mother's mind since she was 15.

"If you do this, you are never allowed in this house again," Katy said as Maya looked at her mother.

The words didn't scare Maya. At least not anymore. Maya had taken her car keys and took off a key as she gave it to Katy, looking her in the eye.

"Goodbye, Katy," Maya said as she got into the car and immediately drove off, her life being as clear as daylight.